Business Development Leader, Medical Devices
Cambridge, MA /
Medical Devices /
We are an exciting, fast-growing biotech company that has changed the rules for how liquids move. Viscous liquids are sticky, and they don’t flow easily—think ketchup, toothpaste, heavy oil, or paint. This creates a lot of waste and inefficiency and handcuffs the way we design. But not anymore. Invented at MIT, our liquid surface technology eliminates the friction between liquids and solids to help liquids flow with ease and enables breakthroughs that used to be impossible.
LiquiGlide has raised $40 million to commercialize its groundbreaking liquid surface technology. Our surfaces have demonstrated the potential to greatly reduce thrombosis and the formation of biofilms that impair the functionality of medical devices, and we are looking for a Business Development Leader to lead tech market fitting and identify partners for development.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Lead in identifying and interfacing with potential partners, including using your network and existing contacts to make connections with C-suite and high level executives.
· Lead negotiations for joint development agreements and licenses.
· Work with LiquiGlide team and client teams to facilitate the structure and workflow of technology development and commercialization programs.
· Understand and influence client objectives and ensure that plans align with their needs while helping them appreciate what is feasible.
· Help to develop and execute hiring plans for the medical device team.
· Develop a deep understanding of LiquiGlide’s technology and use a data-driven approach for prioritizing among a myriad of opportunities.
Skills & Experience
· 15+ years in business development, strategy or finance in the medical device space.
· Experience sourcing, structuring and closing multi-million dollar joint development projects and license agreements.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence at all levels of the organization.
· Team-player with a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Start-up experience is desirable.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges we are working on. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.