Director of Finance/Controller
Cambridge, MA /
LiquiGlide is a fast-growing company that has changed the rules for how liquids move. Viscous
liquids are sticky, and they don’t flow easily—think toothpaste, lotions, ketchup, heavy oil, or
paint. This creates a lot of waste and inefficiency, and it handcuffs the way we design. But not
anymore. Invented at MIT, LiquiGlide’s liquid surface technology eliminates the friction between
liquids and solids to help liquids flow with ease and enable breakthroughs that used to be
impossible. Following a successful first launch with Colgate in 2021 ( Colgate Elixir ), LiquiGlide
is poised to revolutionize products, packaging, processes, and patient experiences.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and working closely with the Executive Team, the Director of Finance/Controller will lead all finance functions at LiquiGlide, providing comprehensive financial information by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points. The role is based at LiquiGlide’s office in Cambridge, MA.
- 8-12 years financial experience required
- Experience at a nationally recognized accounting firm or similar experience is desirable.
- Experience working with early-stage companies is desirable.
- Cost accounting in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Strong numerical proficiency, organization, good problem-solving skills.
- Highly effective collaborator who works well with diverse teams.
- Self-starter with proven ability to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ambitious and comfortable with ambiguity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Preparing for and managing the audit process
- Developing and managing budget process
- Supporting financial planning and analysis
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making processes
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes, as needed
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting databases, including general ledger, inventory, fixed assets, revenue, and internal control systems, as needed
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance
- Reviewing and renewing the company’s insurance policies
- 401K review and reporting