Senior Technical Product Manager, Platform
Lehi, Utah /
LiveAuctioneers is the leading online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles and coveted goods. Our ever-changing online catalogues have included everything from Banksy prints and first-edition Harry Potter books to Garth Brooks' tour bus and rare Hermès Birkin bags. Last year, LiveAuctioneers processed $7.4 billion in bids, connecting millions of the world's most knowledgeable collectors with 7,000+ vetted, professional sellers of extraordinary, previously owned items.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers is a technology innovator in resale marketplaces and was the first to introduce mobile bidding, video-streamed auctions, ratings and reviews, and more, to the online-auction industry. In its continuing role as a pioneer in the buying and selling of exceptional items, LiveAuctioneers is now developing FinTech and SaaS solutions that empower small auction business owners to be influencers in the “passion economy” and build a loyal following. You have an opportunity to join a company led by a management team who had a hand in taking market-leading companies like Google, Seamless, GrubHub and 1stdibs from niche websites to household names.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager, Platform to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, this role will be responsible for managing, supporting, and developing large-scale underlying technologies that scale the business.
This is a full-time position located in Lehi, Utah, with the flexibility to work remotely through March 2022, due to COVID-19, and the option to work from home up to three days per week thereafter.
- collaborate with key stakeholders to set long-term objectives, KPIs, and closely track progress against the team’s goals.
- prioritize platform features across multiple areas of expertise - considering quality, resiliency and delivery timeline trade-offs.
- collaborate closely with internal teams, including Product Managers, Engineers, Architects, Quality Assurance, Finance, and Operations, to incorporate feedback and work items into the product roadmap, as well as communicate and market our products to the ecosystem effectively.
- partner with Engineering Leadership to evolve the system architecture and infrastructure to meet our business outcomes.
- write technical user stories and requirements and their acceptance criteria for the Engineering and IT Operations teams.
- understand, research, and follow technical trends in the industry, and in general - to assess emerging products and companies, to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- provide internal trainings and answer questions about the product and its capabilities to technical and non-technical audiences.
- facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation - including writing technical user stories and requirements, along with their acceptance criteria, for the engineering and IT operations teams.
- 5+ years of technical product management experience, managing complex products, including strategy and implementation.
- the ability to use database queries and BI tools to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- a solid technical background, with understanding/hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- the tendency to collaborate and communicate openly, identifying and building relationships with stakeholders, and building team-wide insight in product.
- an orientation to invite other area owners’ expertise on product work.
- a strong comfort with a dynamic, high growth environment.
- experience managing the implementation of a payment system - a strong plus
- online marketplace experience - a strong plus.
LiveAuctioneers is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, beliefs, and backgrounds, and recognize that people come with a wealth of knowledge and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying.
Equal employment opportunities (EEO) are provided to all LiveAuctioneers employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Diversity of experience and skills, combined with passion, is key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the interview process.