Digital Production Design Associate
Minneapolis, MN or Remote /
Product Design /
At Livefront, we help companies design and build world-class digital products that command attention and inspire joy. We’ve helped household names like Target, Samsung, General Mills, and Optum create experiences that have reached millions of people, and startups like HomeSpotter and Acclaim build entirely new businesses that challenge their industries’ status quo.
We’re looking for an outstanding Digital Production Design Associate to join our team. This is a junior- to mid-level position located at our headquarters in Minneapolis.
The Digital Production Design Associate is a supporting role to our Livefront product design team. Your primary objective will be to make the design team more productive, more efficient, more organized, and better prepared in all contexts and engagements with and for our client partners.
Who you are
You have an impeccable eye for detail, you’re a perfectionist when it comes to the small stuff, and you have a knack for catching mistakes. You have a strong design background with a desire to grow in the UX/UI field. You’re well-versed in the world of web and mobile applications. You’re able to understand and navigate design systems and platform requirements. You have exceptional organizational skills; you find energy and comfort in bringing organization and structure to chaos. You are eager to support and assist others to make them successful.
Why you should apply
- You want to work with passionate and talented people who are always looking for ways to make things better.
- You desire a work environment where respect, mutual trust, and egoless collaboration are paramount.
- You want colleagues who take their work seriously but not themselves, and who know how to let loose and have a good time.
- You like being part of a team that has a reputation for excellence and gives back to the community by educating, mentoring, and sponsoring.
- You want to work on products and accounts that have outsized impact and reach.
- You believe in sweating the details, giving a damn about quality, and taking pride in going the extra mile.
What you bring to the table
- A portfolio showcasing exemplary visual design skills.
- An understanding of current UI/UX best practices, as well as modern design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and various prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to answer questions and solve problems at varying levels of resolution.
- Above-average discipline and personal organizational skills.
- An obvious comfort with critique and taking direction in the context of an iterative design process.
- Experience producing design decks to communicate design flows to clients and engineers.
- A demonstrated hunger for personal and professional growth within the field.
- A self-evident love and care for the craft of product design.
What you will do every day
- Support and assist the Livefront product design team across all projects and products.
- Create, maintain, and update design prototypes.
- Create, maintain, and update design decks.
- Write scripts, prepare assets, and summarize results of usability and user testing sessions performed by the design team.
- Work within established design systems to maintain and update style guides, assets, and deliverables.
- Work with engineers to answer design questions, make adjustments, and provide assets for the design-to-development hand-off process.
- Adapt image, photo, illustration, and other assets across responsive breakpoints on various device sizes.
- Work within the production constraints of each platform for which we’re designing and/or engineering.
- Coordinate and package style guide assets.
- Manage your time across a mix of both small and large projects with overlapping priority and urgency.
- Organize and maintain working files inside a collaborative file structure.
- Adopt new practices and tools as our work, and the design industry, evolves.
- Proofread copy and fix errors and formatting in design source files and production decks.
- Note: The above is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function within the Livefront design team.
What to expect
When applying, please include a short note about yourself, a summary of your work experience, and a link to your portfolio. Please note that submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
Our hiring process moves quickly and consists of several stages for candidates who capture our attention with their initial submission, sometimes including but not limited to a short preliminary phone interview, a series of video interviews, and a short take-home exercise which you'll have up to a week to complete.
We go out of our way to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider all qualified applicants.