Minneapolis, MN /
Product Design /
At Livefront, we help companies design and build world-class digital products that command attention and inspire joy. We’ve helped household names like Target, Samsung, General Mills, and Optum create experiences that have reached millions of people, and startups like HomeSpotter and Acclaim build entirely new businesses that challenge their industries’ status quo.
We’re looking for an outstanding Product Designer to join our team. This is a senior-level position located at our headquarters in Minneapolis.
Who you are
You’re a multi-disciplinary design generalist who’s equally comfortable at all stages of the product design lifecycle, from research and information architecture to visual and production design to prototyping and animation. You have a track record of leading high-profile product initiatives to great outcomes for users and businesses alike. You’re a terrific communicator who can help steer cross-functional teams from idea to implementation. You have a demonstrated ability to approach multifaceted problems holistically and create elegant, simple solutions. Above all, you’re a self-starter who thrives in autonomy and can work effectively with little oversight.
Why you should apply
- You want to work with passionate and talented people who are always looking for ways to make things better.
- You desire a work environment where respect, mutual trust, and egoless collaboration are paramount.
- You want colleagues who take their work seriously but not themselves, and who know how to let loose and have a good time.
- You like being part of a team that has a reputation for excellence and gives back to the community by educating, mentoring, and sponsoring.
- You want to work on products and accounts that have outsized impact and reach.
- You believe in sweating the details, giving a damn about quality, and taking pride in going the extra mile.
What you bring to the table
- A standout portfolio showcasing exemplary visual design chops and product sensibilities.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a consulting environment or as part of an in-house, cross-functional product team.
- Mastery of current UI/UX best practices, as well as modern design tools like Sketch, Principle, and/or Framer.
- Experience designing consumer-facing native applications for iOS and/or Android and a fluent command of each platform’s native design guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to present and defend creative choices persuasively at varying levels of resolution.
- Above-average discipline and personal organization skills.
- Obvious comfort with critique in the context of an iterative design process.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring other designers.
- A demonstrated hunger for personal and professional growth.
- A self-evident love and care for the craft of product design.
Bonus points if you…
- Have experience conducting customer research ranging from qualitative data analysis to hands-on usability testing.
- Have strong illustration, animation, and/or 3D design chops.
- Have experience with motion design tools like Adobe After Effects and/or Cinema4D.
What to expect
When applying, please include a short note about yourself, a summary of your work experience, and a link to your portfolio. Please note that submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
Our hiring process moves quickly and consists of several stages for candidates who capture our attention with their initial submission, sometimes including but not limited to a short preliminary phone interview with our CEO, an in-person interview at our headquarters in Minneapolis, a short take-home exercise which you'll have up to a week to complete, and an extended on-site design interview and with two or more members of our team.
We go out of our way to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider all qualified applicants.