Mobile Engineering Internship
Minneapolis, MN /
We’re looking for an outstanding intern to join our engineering team to contribute to best-in-class mobile development.
This is a hybrid role based out of Minneapolis, MN. You must be available for full-time (40 hours/week) work for at least 3 months beginning in early June. We pay a fair hourly wage for our internships.
Who you are
You’re a curious, ambitious mobile developer (iOS or Android) looking for training and mentorship. You are motivated to write readable, maintainable code and want to learn how to balance getting it done with getting it right.
You have more than dabbled in code, either self-taught or through a formal program. You are thrilled about native mobile app development and have a handle on Swift, Kotlin, or another mobile coding language. You are excited to take it to the next level and see yourself working in a client-service environment during your career.
You have a track record of timeliness and execution, and don’t shy away from big challenges. You have an eye for detail and enjoy team collaboration. You’re a terrific communicator who takes feedback to heart and is constantly striving to improve.
Why you should apply
- You want to learn from passionate and talented people who are always looking for ways to make things better.
- You want to see how consumer-facing mobile products are designed and engineered.
- You want an opportunity to work with a mentor who can support the growth of development skills and engineering best practices.
- You desire a work environment where respect, mutual trust, and egoless collaboration are paramount.
- You like being part of a team that has a reputation for excellence and gives back to the community by educating, mentoring, and sponsoring.
- You want to work on products and accounts that have outsized impact and reach.
- You believe in sweating the details, giving a damn about quality, and taking pride in going the extra mile.
What you bring to the table
- You are a student, whether in mindset or in a formal education path.
- Experience building native applications for iOS or Android, with a basic or better understanding of the platform’s native languages and core frameworks (Kotlin for Android, Swift for iOS).
- Work samples showcasing performant, neatly organized code with clean, well-implemented user interfaces.
- Understanding of modern software development best practices, tools, and workflows.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to present and defend technical and architectural choices persuasively.
- Above-average discipline and personal organization skills.
- Comfort with critique and peer review in the context of an iterative software development process.
- A demonstrated hunger for personal and professional growth.
- A self-evident love and care for the craft of mobile software development.
Bonus points if you…
- Have publicly released your own personal, self-started products or apps.
What to expect
When applying, please include a short note about yourself, a summary of your work experience, and a link to any public profiles you actively maintain (e.g. GitHub, LinkedIn, etc).
Our hiring process moves quickly and consists of several stages for candidates who capture our attention with their initial submission, sometimes including but not limited to a short preliminary phone interview, a series of video interviews, and a short take-home exercise which you'll have up to a week to complete.
We go out of our way to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider all qualified applicants.