Director, Accounting and Finance
Minneapolis, MN or Remote
Finance – Accounting & Finance /
At Livefront, we help companies design and build world-class digital products that command attention and inspire joy. We’ve helped household names like Target, Samsung, General Mills, and Optum create experiences that have reached millions of people, and startups like HomeSpotter and Acclaim build entirely new businesses that challenge their industries’ status quo.
We’re looking for an outstanding Director of Accounting and Finance to join our team.
Who you are
You are a craftsperson in the world of finance and accounting who takes great care for precision and accuracy. You understand the complex nature of a services organization and the financial drivers that are needed to keep a growing business operating with financial resiliency. You have a proven track record of success overseeing accounts and budgets, analyzing financial information to make strategic recommendations, and developing internal processes. You attribute your past success to the depth of your relationships with other leaders on the team. You are looking for an opportunity to shape the future of a high-growth organization, and you believe the role of finance is to be an enabler for people and organizations to do the best work of their lives.
What you'll be doing
- Manage (and being accountable for) all aspects of accounting operations, including A/R, A/P, payroll and treasury
- Prepare and present timely financial reports in accordance with GAAP, including monthly financial statements, budget versus actual variance reports, and comprehensive key metrics
- Prepare and administer an annual budget, including budget design, implementation and maintenance
- Prepare financial forecasts and report variancesImplement best practices to support timely month-end and year-end closings
- Contribute to acquisition due diligence and integration strategies
- Provide strategic financial insights to support the organization's growth and success
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage banking relationships, cash position and working capital, and external vendors
- Manage tax compliance and financial audits, collaborating with external advisors and auditors
- Manage lender relationships and monitor covenant compliance in accordance with credit agreements
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations
- Oversee insurance and risk management
Why you should apply
- You enjoy a variety of activities that all roll up to the same business priorities
- You want to work with passionate and talented people who are always looking for ways to make things better
- You desire a work environment where respect, mutual trust, and egoless collaboration are paramount
- You want colleagues who take their work seriously but not themselves, and who know how to let loose and have a good time
- You like being part of a team that has a reputation for excellence and gives back to the community by educating, mentoring, and sponsoring
- You believe in sweating the details, giving a damn about quality, and taking pride in going the extra mile
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited about building the foundations for a strong and durable accounting and finance function
What you bring to the table
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field; CPA or master’s degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred
- Successful experience leading the financial department within a growing organization as a director, head of accounting and finance, or as a financial controller
- Thorough understanding of GAAP standards and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience running and managing multi-state payroll and benefits
- Ability to supervise, mentor, and grow an accounting staff over time
- Experience creating financial statements
- Experience collaborating with the executive team to build a budget and lead long-term planning
- Experience with QuickBooks and other accounting software platforms
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong ability to present persuasively
- Above average discipline, personal organization, and attention to detail
- A demonstrated hunger for personal and professional growth
- A self-evident love and care for the craft of finance and accounting
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with add-on acquisition evaluation and integration
What to expect
When applying, please include a short note about yourself, a summary of your work experience, and a link to any public profiles you actively maintain (e.g. GitHub, LinkedIn, etc).
Our hiring process moves quickly and consists of several stages for candidates who capture our attention with their initial submission, sometimes including but not limited to a short preliminary phone interview, a series of video interviews, and a short take-home exercise which you'll have up to a week to complete.
We go out of our way to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider all qualified applicants.