Minneapolis, MN /
At Livefront, we help companies design and build world-class digital products that command attention and inspire joy. We’ve helped household names like Target, Samsung, General Mills, and Optum create experiences that have reached millions of people, and startups like HomeSpotter and Acclaim build entirely new businesses that challenge their industries’ status quo.
We’re looking for an outstanding Solutions Architect to join our team. This is a senior-level position located at our headquarters in Minneapolis.
This role is an intentional blend of API design, app architecture, code review, DevOps, release management, technical spikes, and client communication.
Who you are
You're a problem-solver with impeccable intuition. You have a long history of working with software technologies on various platforms, and when you confront something unfamiliar, you figure it out quickly and correctly. You're just as comfortable designing an architecture as you are doing the heavy lifting to implement it. You can skillfully articulate requirements to our internal team, and you can navigate complex technical discussions and decisions with our client partners. You love software craft, have a high standard for your work, and lead by example. You're not limited by software engineering dogma, and your engineering principles are mature, fluid, and influenced by your experience, your peers, and our industry's ever-changing landscape.
Why you should apply
- You want to work with passionate and talented people who are always looking for ways to make things better.
- You desire a work environment where respect, mutual trust, and egoless collaboration are paramount.
- You want colleagues who take their work seriously but not themselves, and who know how to let loose and have a good time.
- You like being part of a team that has a reputation for excellence and gives back to the community by educating, mentoring, and sponsoring.
- You want to work on products and accounts that have outsized impact and reach.
- You believe in sweating the details, giving a damn about quality, and taking pride in going the extra mile.
What you bring to the table
- At least 7-10 years of software engineering experience, ideally in a consulting environment or as part of an in-house, cross-functional product team.
- Experience building consumer-facing native mobile and web applications, with a fluent command of the native languages and core frameworks.
- Demonstrated expertise architecting, building, maintaining, and scaling modern software on various platforms.
- An ability to understand client expectations, the work the team has done and still has to do to meet those expectations, and the ability to motivate the team to successfully deliver.
- Ability to design, setup, and maintain DevOps pipelines using various tools and techniques.
- A knack for setting up reliable continuous integration and continuous deployment for complex projects.
- A talent for communicating directly with clients, managing expectations, and explaining advanced technical concepts and their implications.
- Ability to clearly articulate technical requirements to other developers.
- An understanding of computer networking (e.g. VPNs, SSH, Wi-Fi) and have experience setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting computer networks.
- A keen sense for security: you're able to think around corners and see potential risks.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to present and defend technical and architectural choices persuasively.
- Work samples showcasing performant, neatly organized code with clean, well-implemented user interfaces.
- Scripting expertise (Unix shell, Ruby, Perl, etc.).
- Experience designing APIs and writing API specifications.
- Renowned problem-solving skills.
- Above-average discipline and personal organization skills.
- A demonstrated hunger for personal and professional growth.
- A self-evident love and care for the craft of software engineering.
Bonus points if you…
- Have strong illustration chops as it relates to technical diagramming.
- Speak, write, and/or educate publicly about technical topics.
- Have publicly released your own personal, self-started products or apps.
- Enjoy tinkering with emerging languages and platforms such as Go, Rust, Alexa, and/or Unity.
What to expect
When applying, please include a short note about yourself, a summary of your work experience, and a link to any public profiles you actively maintain (i.e. GitHub, LinkedIn, etc).
Our hiring process moves quickly and consists of several stages for candidates who capture our attention with their initial submission, sometimes including but not limited to a short preliminary phone interview with our CEO, an in-person interview at our headquarters in Minneapolis, a short take-home exercise which you’ll have up to a week to complete, and an extended on-site technical interview and with two or more members of our team.
We go out of our way to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider all qualified applicants.