Minneapolis, MN /
At Livefront, we help companies design and build world-class digital products that command attention and inspire joy. We've helped household names like Target, Samsung, General Mills, and Optum create experiences that have reached millions of consumers, and startups like HomeSpotter and Acclaim build entirely new businesses that challenge their industries' status quo.
We're looking for an outstanding QA expert to join our team.
Who you are
You're a curious, proactive quality engineer with a fluent command of what people expect from digital products that look, feel, flow, and function flawlessly. Testing strategy is your sweet spot and you enjoy owning both the definition and execution of manual and automated testing protocols at all levels of the stack. You have a nose for bugs and pride yourself on your uncanny ability to discover, isolate, and resolve them. You're comfortable making technical recommendations to collaborators and stakeholders based on defined test goals, acceptance criteria, and identified risks. You have deep empathy for users and a passion for making their experiences as smooth and seamless as possible. Above all, you're a self-starter who thrives in autonomy and can work effectively with little oversight.
Why you should apply
- You want to work with passionate and talented people who are always looking for ways to make things better.
- You desire a work environment where respect, mutual trust, and egoless collaboration are paramount.
- You want colleagues who take their work seriously but not themselves, and who know how to let loose and have a good time.
- You like being part of a team that has a reputation for excellence and gives back to the community by educating, mentoring, and sponsoring.
- You want to work on products and accounts that have outsized impact and reach.
- You believe in sweating the details, giving a damn about quality, and taking pride in going the extra mile.
What you bring to the table
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a consulting environment or as part of an in-house, cross-functional product team.
- Experience creating and implementing testing strategy for consumer-facing mobile applications, including both manual and automated testing.
- Strong instincts for discovering defects in software and firmware and a clear aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Mastery of modern software development best practices, tools, and workflows.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to present and defend technical and testing recommendations persuasively.
- Above-average discipline and personal organization skills.
- A demonstrated hunger for personal and professional growth.
- A self-evident love and care for the craft of mobile software development and testing.
Bonus points if you...
- Enjoy tinkering with emerging languages and platforms such as Go, Rust, Alexa, and/or Unity.
- Have publicly released your own personal, self-started products or apps.
- Speak, write, and/or educate publicly about technical and/or testing topics.
What to expect
When applying, please include a short note about yourself, a summary of your work experience, and a link to any public profiles you actively maintain (e.g. GitHub, LinkedIn, etc).
Our hiring process moves quickly and consists of several stages for candidates who capture our attention with their initial submission, sometimes including but not limited to a short preliminary phone interview, a series of video interviews, and a short take-home exercise which you'll have up to a week to complete.
We go out of our way to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider all qualified applicants.