Lead Software Test Engineer
LiveLike is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior QA Engineer to join our India team. We are redefining watching Live sports in VR and changing the way multiplayer social VR experiences are developed. As a part of our software engineering team, you will be managing test engineering and quality assurance activities for LiveLike’s full technology stack. Responsible for leading internal and external test resources and directing test activities.
You are responsible for test engineering and quality assurance of LiveLike apps and LiveLike Cloud Services used in the live sports VR. Our live sporting viewing applications run on iOS, Gear VR and Android devices. The apps work in close collaboration with cloud-based services that stream high quality live video content and production tools for packaging live video feeds. Livelike’s live sporting viewing platform is a high performance cloud computing platform for delivering multiple streams of live videos.
You are responsible for test engineering and quality assurance of the B2B and consumer application experiences across all platforms. The app platforms include: mobile(iOS and Android Phones and tablets, VR headsets(cardboard and oculus). You are responsible for development and operation of our content quality control systems and processes including live video and associated 360 videos. You are a hands-on leader able to inspire, lead, and grow a team of test engineers.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals, passionate about VR, interested in contributing to the growth and success of a great startup!
- Collaborate closely with our software developers to define best practices for scalable testing of our consumer application experiences and tools for our production pipeline.
- Manage external test activities conducted by third parties or outsourced testing resources.
- Automated test & validation of RESTful API's on cloud services
- Automated test & validation of our B2B consumer facing applications on mobile and VR devices.
- Create automated tests identifying changes in video quality and app quality
- Build comprehensive test suites that will be utilized by overall engineering organization
- Drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies
- Collaborate closely with developers to define best practices to scalable testing
- Bachelor’s in CS or related field and 6+ years of experience in software development and testing
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong knowledge in web technologies and distributed applications testing
- Familiarity with Google Cloud or AWS or similar distributed system management tool
- Familiarity with testing and certification of B2B applications.
- Familiarity with python scripting
- Ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with great attention to detail, including the ability to track multiple test execution simultaneously and synthesize the results
- Bonus: Experience with desktop and mobile application testing
- Bonus: Lots of patience and good humor
- We’re the kind of team that can banter one minute and crunch the next, we’d love for you to be able to do the same
- You’ve got a strong sense of personal drive and when tasked to solve something tricky will move forward at full force
- In the same breath, you believe your team is your most valuable resource and you won’t hesitate to collaborate with them
- You have got an insatiable hunger for all things VR & AR.
- An unbridled passion for VR, sports, gaming, food, otters, or anything really. We appreciate passion…
- You’re a techie at heart and you want to talk to us about the latest stuff you saw on Product Hunt, Gamasutra, Medium, ESPN, etc, etc...
- You understand the “No-Assholes” policy
- You’re not afraid of an open, candid, and respectful work environment
Who are we?
LiveLike is a funded and well-endorsed VR/AR/interactive live sports startup. We have partnered most notably with FOX Sports to release Social on Fox Sports VR, we broadcasted Superbowl LI and recently worked with France TV to create the French Tennis Open VR.
At our core, we are a big group of nerds, sports fanatics, and generally lovable people. We're as passionate about VR as we are about free morning coffee and 5 o’clock drinks, so our team has access to every major VR system, and so will you. We've worked extremely hard to get where we are right now but we wholly embrace the laid back but "get s**t done" culture.
We are currently not engaging new agencies for our roles. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox any way.
LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.