Sr. Communications Manager
New York, NY
LiveLike is a funded and well-endorsed VR/AR/interactive live sports company. We have partnered most notably with FOX Sports to release Social on Fox Sports VR. We also broadcasted Superbowl LI and created French Tennis Open VR with France TV for both Mobile and VR platforms. These are just a few of the many clients we work with and we’re actively growing in all four corners of the world.
At our core, we are a big group of nerds, sports fanatics, and generally lovable people. We're as passionate about next-gen sport live streaming as we are about free morning coffee and 5 o’clock drinks, so our team has access to every major VR/AR/MR system, and so will you. We've worked extremely hard to get where we are right now but we wholly embrace the laid back but "get s**t done" attitude.
What you'll be doing:
- Build and Maintain: Historically we’ve worked with a pretty great PR agency, but we’ve since decided to move it all in-house. That means you’ll have a historical foundation to build off of, but you’ll be holistically owning our core goals and ambitions for our communication strategy. It will be up to you to take the excellent but relatively quiet brand image that we have and build it into a high quality & respected presence in the mindspace of the next generation sports industry
- Flexing Your Network: You know that person that knows someone at every major tech company or publication? Well, we expect you to be that person. You will be reaching into your metaphorical (or literal) ‘Rolodex’ every time we’ve got a good story to tell. Because after all, it’s all about who you know and who you can reach.
- Owning All Communication: Our goal is the to use next generation technology to build the best sport watching experience ever made. Your job will be to make sure everyone externally and internally understand everything they need to know to help us achieve this goal.
- Collaborating: The best tool in your kit, will be the ability to work very closely with our CEO, CBO, and Talent Manager. Using their insight and expertise to craft and continuously update our core message. We’ll combine that with a Communications Associate to complement your skill set and help you swiftly and precisely execute on everything.
What you'll need to do it:
- A network of professional relationships, friends and acquaintances within media outlets
- Must be able to produce reference calls for some of your contacts at publications
- 4-7 years experience working in-house communications or in an agency. Consumer tech experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to point to publications, articles or work pieces you had a significant footprint in
- Excellent writing & speaking skills
- Friendly & extraverted personality
- Bachelors degree in journalism, communications, English, or other relevant field
What would be very nice:
- You’re super excited about sports Tech and VR/AR/MR
- You are passionate about your work and aren’t afraid to show it
- You get excited about working on the “bigger picture” as well as slinging the little tasks
- You understand the core difference between a B2B vs B2C oriented marketing strategy
- You are self-motivated and can kickass without us having to tell you to do so
- You're willing to play /giphy roulette in Slack and humbly accept defeat when appropriate
What we offer:
- $100,000 - $120,000 Salary
- Unlimited Vacation & Sick day policy
- All the fun insurance-y benefits you expect
- Tons of VR & AR equipment to play with
- (semi) Regular Cocktail Thursdays
- Monthly sportings events & VR stipend
- Optional hugs
As a closing note, we make a point to review every single person that applies, but if you don't take the time to answer the questions then unfortunately we can't take the time to review your application.
We are currently not engaging new agencies for our roles. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox any way.
LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.