Sr. Video Streaming Engineer, VR/AR
New York, NY
LiveLike is a funded and well-endorsed VR/AR/interactive live sports company. We have partnered most notably with FOX Sports to release Social on Fox Sports VR. We also broadcast the Superbowl LI and built French Tennis Open VR with France TV for both Mobile and VR platforms. These are just a few of the many clients we work with and we’re actively growing in all four corners of the world.
At our core, we are a big group of nerds, sports fanatics, and generally lovable people. We're as passionate about next-gen sport live streaming as we are about free morning coffee and 5 o’clock drinks, so our team has access to every major VR/AR/MR system, and so will you. We've worked extremely hard to get where we are right now but we wholly embrace the laid back but "get s**t done" attitude.
What You'll Be Doing
- Be our Video Streaming Guru: Hopefully you like superheroes because you'll be ours. But mostly in a “you're going to be the person who knows a lot about video streaming technologies and software development” kind of way.
- Inventing: You'll be implementing cutting-edge video features such as live metadata sync, synchronized video across multiple clients, efficient simultaneous multi-video playback, and instantaneous multi-channel video switching. That's just the start of it though.
- Creating: You'll develop video features for end-users via our apps. You'll also be building tools to assist the backend, QA, & product teams to utilize these features internally.
- Collaborating: As fun as just working with engineers is, you can fully expect to be rubbing elbows with everyone that our teams have to offer. Expect to collaborate with our Product Managers, Project Managers, Ux/UI Designers, 3D artists, and the Business team regularly.
- Scaling: Come up with solutions to problems involving our streaming infrastructure that allows us to scale up and service several clients internationally - sometimes simultaneously.
What You'll Need To Do It:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience on live video technologies.
- Experience with video playback & streaming on mobile devices.
- Deep knowledge of HLS & DASH streaming protocols.
- You understand what it takes to optimize video players.
- You're not afraid to be thecentral knowledge base for all things Video.
- Passion for XR and/or Sports
- An understanding of the general “No Assholes” policy
What Would Be Cool:
- Experience developing custom video players on iOS & Android.
- Experience with building live streaming apps at scale.
- Your personal Github page is full of cool projects you wanna share with us
- You’ve got a strong sense of personal drive and when tasked to solve something tricky will move forward at full force
- You’re some kind of fancy chef and you wanna cook us food
What We Offer:
- $120,000 - $145,000 Salary
- Unlimited Vacation & Sick day policy
- All the fun insurance-y benefits you expect
- Relocation package
- Tons of VR & AR equipment to play with
- (semi) Regular Cocktail Thursdays
- Monthly sportings events & VR stipend
We are currently not engaging new agencies for our roles. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox any way.
LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.