Sr. Unity VR Developer
New York, NY
NOTE: This role isn't currently open, but will be in a few months. If you'd like to apply, your resume/portfolio will be the first to be reviewed when the time comes.
At LiveLike we build things that challenge the typical concept of what it means to watch live sports. So it's only natural for us to specialize in creating one of the best platforms to watch live sports in virtual reality. For that to happen though, we need a team of developers and designers that are not only the some of the best, but who are comfortable working outside of the status quo.
We’re looking for the newest member of our Front-end development team. Someone who not only is a Unity Development specialist, but someone who brings the same fire to work everyday that we do. If you think you’ve got the skills and are up for the challenge then consider this your calling.
- Architect and build the core front-end systems used by our VR apps
- Design, develop, and optimize a scalable and engaging social VR experience
- Build interfaces and user focused interactions into our VR live streaming app
- Work with Back-end Engineers and Design team to plan, execute, and integration functionality
- 4+ years of VR or Game Development
- Extensive experience with Unity (Unreal is fine too as long as you don’t mind switching)
- Experience with at least one or multiple: C#, C++, Java
- You’ve worked on developing or optimizing an engine
- History of successfully using SDKs and RESTful APIs
- Bonus: Strong sense of design and UX
- Bonus: Development experience with mobile (iOS or Android)
- We’re the kind of team that can banter one minute and crunch the next, we’d love for you to be able to do the same
- You’ve got a strong sense of personal drive and when tasked to solve something tricky will move forward at full force
- In the same breath, you believe your team is your most valuable resource and you won’t hesitate to collaborate with them
- You have got an insatiable hunger for all things VR & AR.
- An unbridled passion for VR, sports, gaming, food, otters, or anything really. We appreciate passion…
- You’re a techie at heart and you want to talk to us about the latest stuff you saw on Product Hunt, Gamasutra, Medium, ESPN, etc, etc...
- You understand the “No-Assholes” policy
- You’re not afraid of an open, candid, and respectful work environment
We love cover letters, but we don't love copy-pasted walls of text. 2-3 sentences about why you're awesome are much more impactful than 4 generic paragraphs.
We are currently not engaging agencies for this role, nor are we looking to bring new partnerships into the mix. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox any way.
LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.