LiveLike is a funded and well-endorsed VR/AR/interactive live sports company. We have partnered most notably with FOX Sports to release Social on Fox Sports VR. We also broadcast the Superbowl LI and built French Tennis Open VR with France TV for both Mobile and VR platforms. These are just a few of the many clients we work with and we’re actively growing in all four corners of the world.
At our core, we are a big group of nerds, sports fanatics, and generally lovable people. We're as passionate about next-gen sport live streaming as we are about free morning coffee and 5 o’clock drinks, so our team has access to every major VR/AR/MR system, and so will you. We've worked extremely hard to get where we are right now but we wholly embrace the laid back but "get s**t done" attitude.
The What, Why, & How
[What] You will manage developers on the solutions team and oversee their development processes. You'll be responsible for the solutions team's success by hiring the most talented engineers, enforcing the best engineering practices and being a resource in resolving issues as they arise. You will also be responsible for communicating internally with BD/Project Managers and externally with our clients.
[Why] We're currently short on process and management oversight in our engineering team. As we scale the team, we need to scale up our operations as well. That's only possible with an Engineering Manager taking the reigns.
[How] You will report to the VP of Engineering. You will take our team of engineers in the solutions team and train them to excel as software engineers. Consequently, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of all our products.
- We'll be able to train the client team faster and more effectively.
- We'll be able to ensure that the client team is productive and has a healthy work-life balance.
- Client devs are given a path/opportunity to grow at LiveLike (instead of being stuck doing the same repetitive work)
- Client product deliveries will be very efficient & client happiness will ++
- Previous experience as an above-average engineer, ideally at a similar type of company (startup or larger company)
- Previous experience managing people.
- Ability to mediate problems between engineering and other people/organizations within the company.
- Ability to set up, manage and enforce processes.
- Alignment with the company's goals and values.
- A strong existing network of engineers who trust them and whom they can hire.
- Being a “closer” in the interview process.
- Experience shipping mobile products.
- Client development processes are smooth
- Client team meets desired engineering headcount (rather than being overworked or LiveLike saying no to clients)
- Client developers are following high code quality processes
- Developer morale is high
- Training/on-boarding program set up for everyone that needs it
- Managed an engineering team of at least 15 people
- Scaled engineering teams from 10 to 20+ employees
- Was a solid engineer in the early days
- Proved he/she is Process-driven
- Shipped several mobile applications to clients or users globally.
What direction do we hope this role will take the company?
Why is it mission critical for us at this moment in time?
We've got 15 people in the client team (80% of them new), without a direct manager. The new hires are going through training right now, but once they get out of training in March, they will need a direct manager.
What does it mean to be a great Engineering Manager?
What will their success look like in the first 6 months? The first year?
What does the ideal candidate need to have done before in their career?
We are currently not engaging new agencies for our roles. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox any way.
LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.