Sr iOS Engineer, Video Streaming
New York, NY
LiveLike is a funded and well-endorsed VR/AR/interactive live sports company. We have partnered most notably with FOX Sports to release Social on Fox Sports VR. We also broadcasted Superbowl LI and created French Tennis Open VR with France TV for both Mobile and VR platforms. These are just a few of the many clients we work with and we’re actively growing in all four corners of the world.
At our core, we are a big group of nerds, sports fanatics, and generally lovable people. We're as passionate about next-gen sport live streaming as we are about free morning coffee and 5 o’clock drinks, so our team has access to every major VR/AR/MR system, and so will you. We've worked extremely hard to get where we are right now but we wholly embrace the laid back but "get s**t done" attitude.
With our VR technology right at the cross-section of mobile and video, it only seems natural that adding a master of both to our team would be our next step. With an ever-increasing amount of content on our horizon, having someone who can optimize our mobile engineering workflow and innovate our video streaming capabilities is a must. Though the task is not small, we’re looking for someone willing to dive headfirst into this challenge, enabling us to come out on top.
- Implement cutting-edge video features such as:
- Live DVR
- Metadata sync
- Cross-client sync
- Efficient multi-video playback
- Instantaneous multi-angle view switching
- You will also:
- Own, upgrade, and build our native mobile video players
- Work with back-end engineers and front-end Unity devs to design, test, and integrate functionality
- 4+ years of mobile video development experience.
- Experience in iOS (Objective C + Swift) or Android (Java).
- Deep knowledge of HLS & DASH streaming protocols.
- You know how to build and optimize native video players.
- Bonus: Experience in at least one of these video players: AvFoundation, Android MediaPlayer, or ExoPlayer
- Bonus: Experience with building live streaming apps at scale.
- Bonus: Experience with video codecs.
- You're not afraid to be the central knowledge base for all things Mobile + Video.
- Excited to ramp up into new technologies (Unity3D).
- Insatiable hunger for all things VR & AR.
- A unbridled passion for VR, sports, gaming, food, otters, or anything really. We appreciate passion…
- You understand the “No-Assholes” policy.
- You’re not afraid of an honest, open, and respectful work environment.
- Enjoy long walks on the beach, extended games of Rocket League, and bug bashing sessions.
What we offer
- $115,000 - $140,000 Salary
- Unlimited Vacation & Sick day policy
- All the fun insurance-y benefits you expect
- Relocation package
- Tons of VR & AR equipment to play with
- (semi) Regular Cocktail Thursdays
- Monthly sportings events & VR stipend
We are currently not engaging new agencies for our roles. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox any way.
LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.