Sr. iOS Engineer, VR/AR
New York, NY
LiveLike is a funded and well-endorsed VR/AR/interactive live sports company. We have partnered most notably with FOX Sports to release Social on Fox Sports VR. We also broadcast the Superbowl LI and built French Tennis Open VR with France TV for both Mobile and VR platforms. These are just a few of the many clients we work with and we’re actively growing in all four corners of the world.
At our core, we are a big group of nerds, sports fanatics, and generally lovable people. We're as passionate about next-gen sport live streaming as we are about free morning coffee and 5 o’clock drinks, so our team has access to every major VR/AR/MR system, and so will you. We've worked extremely hard to get where we are right now but we wholly embrace the laid back but "get s**t done" attitude.
What You'll Be Doing
- Pioneering iOS Development: Build our native VR/AR app from scratch. Build plugins for our Unity VR app like the iOS Video Player. Be the iOS Guru in the team.
- Innovating: Working on cutting-edge aspects of iOS, including ARKit, to create never before seen experiences. Like multiplayer video sync.
- Learning: We want you to come in with the skills necessary to do the work. That's a given. What you’ll also be doing though is becoming the expert on everything XR. That means using everything you know and being the team’s resource when it comes to any and every problem related to creating great native XR experiences.
- Building Tools: Efficiency is the name of the game. Being efficient means creating tools and processes that our QA team can use to make life easier without compromising quality. Sounds easy right?
- Scaling: Today we’re working with several clients internationally and will need to ensure that our platform can scale to meet the needs of dozens more. That means utilizing your experience with solid architecture & design principles to ensure the platform scales well as it grows.
What You'll Need To Do It
- 3+ years of experience developing iOS Applications and Libraries
- Strong understanding of MVC and other common design patterns
- Solid experience with HTTP and secure client/server communication
- Hands-on work experience developing and maintaining a large-scale multi-client production application
- Proficiency in unit and integration testing
- Passion for XR and/or Sports
- An understanding of the general “No Assholes” policy
What Would Be Cool
- Experience with Unity3D or game development
- Your personal Github page is full of cool projects you wanna share with us
- Prior work with other platforms
- You’ve got a strong sense of personal drive and when tasked to solve something tricky will move forward at full force
- You’re some kind of fancy chef and you wanna cook us food
What we offer
- $120,000 - $145,000 Salary
- Unlimited Vacation & Sick day policy
- All the fun insurance-y benefits you expect
- Relocation package
- Tons of VR & AR equipment to play with
- (semi) Regular Cocktail Thursdays
- Monthly sportings events & VR stipend
We are currently not engaging new agencies for our roles. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox any way.
LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.