Sr. Mobile Video Engineer
New York, NY
With our VR technology right at the cross-section of mobile and video, it only seems natural that adding a master of both to our team would be our next step. With an ever-increasing amount of content on our horizon, having someone who can optimize our mobile engineering workflow and innovate our video streaming capabilities is a must. Though the task is not small, we’re looking for someone willing to dive headfirst into this challenge, enabling us to come out on top.
LiveLike is a funded and well-endorsed live sports VR startup. We, at our core, are a big group of nerds, sports fanatics, and generally lovable people. We're as passionate about VR as we are about free morning coffee and 5 o’clock beers, so our team has access to every major VR system, and so will you. We've worked extremely hard to get where we are right now but we wholly embrace the laid back but "get s**t done" culture. Not only are we mega-awesome, we've also done good work, partnering most notably with FOX Sports to do Super Bowl LI in VR. On top of that, we have a handful of other accolades, but we can discuss that later. For now, onto the important stuff...
- Implement cutting-edge video features such as:
- Live DVR
- Metadata sync
- Cross-client sync
- Efficient multi-video playback
- Instantaneous multi-angle view switching
- You will also:
- Own, upgrade, and build our native mobile video players
- Work with back-end engineers and front-end Unity devs to design, test, and integrate functionality
- 4+ years of mobile video development experience.
- Experience in iOS (Objective C + Swift) & Android (Java).
- Deep knowledge of HLS & DASH streaming protocols.
- You know how to build and optimize native video players.
- Bonus: Experience in at least one of these video players: AvFoundation, Android MediaPlayer, or ExoPlayer
- Bonus: Experience with building live streaming apps at scale.
- Bonus: Experience with video codecs.
- You're not afraid to be the central knowledge base for all things Mobile + Video.
- Excited to ramp up into new technologies (Unity3D).
- Insatiable hunger for all things VR & AR.
- A unbridled passion for VR, sports, gaming, food, otters, or anything really. We appreciate passion…
- You understand the “No-Assholes” policy.
- You’re not afraid of an honest, open, and respectful work environment.
- Enjoy long walks on the beach, extended games of Rocket League, and bug bashing sessions.
We love cover letters, but we don't love copy-pasted walls of text. 2-3 sentences about why you're awesome are more impactful than 4 generic paragraphs.
We are currently not engaging agencies for this role, nor are we looking to bring new partnerships into the mix. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox any way.
LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.