Operations – Operations
Who we are:
Loadsmart’s goal is to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to move freight throughout North America more efficiently. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect freight with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we provide a game-changing solution to reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carrier and providing instant booking for shippers.
We are looking for a Pricing Manager to join us in obsessing about our customer success. You have an eye for the macro view of our industry and a deep understanding of the stories and reasons that drive market changes. You will work closely with our Sales, Account Management, Carrier Sales and Data Science teams to assist in identifying which multi-million dollar bets we should make that will maximize yield and minimize risk.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about re-imagining a 700 billion dollar industry. You will play a decisive role in our pricing strategy by being an information hound in our current market and industry. You are a motivated self-starter with a passion for problem-solving. Your attention to detail is unmatched, your intellectual curiosity unending and your sense of ownership unwavering. You understand the truckload market and how to price major bids in order to open up new lanes, grow market share to improve purchasing performance while maintaining service levels. You understand what drives transportation market changes and get lost in bid files like most people get lost in the internet.
- Develop and implement extended period pricing strategies to be successful with customer bids based on business goals
- Price truckload bids in a manner that intelligently and responsibly, but aggressively grows volume in specific and targeted lanes
- Leverage macroeconomic and industry level data to understand where the broader market is headed when pricing long-term contracts so that we can inform lane-level and company-level strategy
- Work closely with our Sales, Account Management, Carrier Sales and Data Science teams to increase knowledge and understanding of the truckload market and its pricing environment
- Aid in designing the database structure for tracking bids and awards
- Define and own the KPIs that are associated with success for bid pricing and provide expert-guidance to management on why those KPIs are changing
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent working experience
- Effective analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong understanding of trucking pricing and the factors that drive changes in those prices
- Advance Microsoft Excel and ability to develop a knowledge of SQL
- +2 years in a similar role that was heavily involved in making long-term pricing decisions for the entire United States across various service types and commodities