Site Reliability Engineer
Who we are:
At Loadsmart, we won't settle for the status quo in logistics. We know there is a better, more efficient and socially responsible way to move cargo across the world. That's why we are building products, platforms, and services with a purpose that create a transformational capacity to change the world. Currently, we are focused on rewriting the rules of the road for full truckload shipping. Our mission: to connect all trucks and players—shippers and brokers, owners and operators, dispatchers and drivers—and deliver more with less.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You take your impact seriously. You are passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, long-lasting value. You are a first-rate site reliability engineer, with experience and a proven ability to think about deploying software development projects.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work in Florianopolis with Loadsmart. You'll join us in obsessing about transformational technology as part of our devops team. You should have experience and a proven ability to use experimental ideas to develop new ways to deploy, maintain, and create new processes for our development team.
- Actively contribute to and support the design, deployment, and maintenance of critical systems.
- Partner with and support all members of our creative, tight-knit development team.
- Exercise your intuitive ability for creative problem solving and contagious positive passion to solve challenging and exciting problems and inspire those around you.
- Move seamlessly from high-altitude thinking to the tangible and practical as a productive member of a lean software development team.
- Have a good understanding on how things work under the hood from a development and dev ops point of view.
- Automation must be one of the things you care most.
- Deep knowledge on how modern networking and operating systems works.
- Being extremely comfortable managing Linux servers (either RedHat or Debian-based distros)Experience with provisioners like Puppet, Ansible or Chef.
- Experience maintaining projects deployed on cloud providers (eg. AWS)Experience with PaaS (eg. Heroku) is a plus.
- Experience with stress testing individual services and environments.
- Experience monitoring all aspects of a system.
- Experience with alerting and incident management.
- Should be eager to collect metrics and understand how each metric correlates to the business.
- Have working knowledge of Python.