Operations – Load Management
Who we are:
Loadsmart’s goal is to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimagining a 700 billion dollar industry. You do everything you can to make the customer happy. Your attention to detail gets the job done on a day to day basis.
Loadsmart is hiring an Operations Supervisor to work in Chicago. This position will work with our Load Management team to perform day to day responsibilities to ensure we provide the best-in class customer service.
- Supervise overseas team of up to 10 AM shift dispatchers
- Assist in scoping and implementing processes to support newly onboarded customers and their unique requirements
- Collaborate with vendor managers to ensure continued learning and development of AM shift dispatchers, and aid in the development of training materials to guarantee quality and accuracy
- Allocate AM shift workload based on dispatcher-level skillsets, knowledge and competencies to ensure core department KPIs are met
- Ensure all customers have the necessary level of visibility to their shipments and that your team is meeting all customer operational requirements during day shift
- Provide support to dispatchers with exception management and operationally intensive issues
- Work with Operations leaders on ways to drive success by hitting the department core KPI goals
- Collaborate closely with Carrier Sales and Customer Sales departments to improve customer experience
- Collaborate with PM shift counterpart to ensure operations continuity and culture across shifts
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent working experience
- Well versed in the use of google or Microsoft office platforms
- Call center customer services experience a plus
- Dispatch and transportation experience, especially in truckload, is preferred