Field Marketing Lead
New York, NY
Sales – Marketing
Who we are:
Loadsmart is transforming the logistics industry by moving more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to optimize the movement of freight throughout North America. We design and build cutting edge tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks in a transformative instant booking model. By matching supply and demand better and faster than any other solution in the industry, we reduce miles, fuel, time and complexity for both shippers and motor carriers.
Who you are:
You believe in game‑changing innovation and you’re excited to reimagine a $700 billion industry. You know how to drive sales growth by creating and executing a robust field marketing strategy. You’re decisive, driven and willing to take risks. You love to travel, meet people, and understand the strategic value in building relationships. You challenge the status quo and roll up your sleeves to implement meaningful change. You relentlessly pursue your mission with a strong sense of urgency and you inspire those around you to do the same.
Loadsmart is looking for a Field Marketing Lead to create and execute event strategies that enable our sales team to exceed their revenue number. You will act as the primary Loadsmart resource attending all events and conferences, often as the sole person from LS representing the company, and sometimes the lead person coordinating the onsite effort across a small cross-functional group.
- Work directly with the Director of Marketing to develop and execute events with the objectives of creating and nurturing shipper/carrier sales opportunities from target accounts. This includes creating and managing the Loadsmart event budget
- Drive event strategy through the development of both pre and post event engagement plan including creating and tracking campaigns, managing staff logistics, managing follow up process with internal team and tracking ROI from the event
- Communicate goals and objectives to stakeholders
- Optimize event strategy, process, and positioning to improve success of events
- Create processes that allow events to be as repeatable across all markets as possible
- Lead on-site event logistics by setting up hardware and driving lead capture
- Work cross-functionally to create engaging content initiatives that highlight the Loadsmart brand across all event programs
- Work closely with sales teams to gain on-site success and develop events that are most valuable to their markets and needs
- Work cross-functionally across marketing to create campaigns that support event strategies (i.e. social campaigns, targeted email tactics, speaking opportunities etc.)
- 3 - 5 years experience in managing corporate events and driving event strategies
- Demonstrated ability to scale and grow event execution across different groups and regions
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Willingness to travel to support events on-site
- Ability to grasp the Loadsmart business, products, and personas we are targeting to help shape event strategy and drive content and collateral for each event
- Ability to lead and mentor team members
- Communication skills: Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; comfortable presenting to diverse audiences, working cross-functionally for results and collaborating with partners