Data Science Engineer
Engineering – Data Science
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You know how to take ideas, optimize them, and push it into production code using Python.
We are looking for a Data Scientist with good programming skills to join us in obsessing about machine learning algorithms to solve logistic issues.
- Develop and improve product features within the data science and data engineering team
- Apply predictive modeling techniques to a variety of user modeling tasks
- Work closely with engineers and help implementing the algorithms pushing them into production
- Identify other opportunities that will help improve operations
- Software development skills in Python
- Comfortable with Linux and Git
- Experience building data science algorithms, databases and REST APIs
- Experience building automated tests (unit and integration)
- 3+ years of experience as a data scientist
- Knowledge of analytics techniques (machine learning/time series analysis/optimization, etc) commensurate with education/experience level
- PhD or MS in a technical discipline would be cool, but it is not mandatory
Because we are an international company, we only accept resumes in English.
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.