Director of Finance
New York, NY
G&A – Finance
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You are, organized, have a strong attention to detail and can thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You are ready, willing and able to build out a robust finance and accounting team to support Loadsmart’s needs. You will report directly to our CEO.
We are looking for a strategic Head of Finance that can manage a blended role of accounting and finance.
- Lead FP&A, create financial models and manage monthly and quarterly forecast
- Partner with functional leaders to define and track KPIs and align business needs with overarching financial objectives
- Drive strategy discussions with executive team, own the annual budgeting process and prepare board materials
- Collaborate with outsourced Accounting team that supports day to day accounting and performs month-end close. Help oversee internal team managing invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Work with tax advisors and 3rd party professionals to ensure compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements
- Leader that will own the full spectrum of finance responsibilities
- Experience building out FP&A function
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Prior experience leading fundraising diligence efforts, ideally at a growth stage company
- Strong technical analytical skills
- Proficient Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks
- Understanding of GAAP and experience managing accounting function
- CPA and Big 4 public accounting experience a plus