Python Backend Engineer (Remote-Brazil)
Engineering – Engineering /
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You are curious to impact a 700 billion dollar industry of logistics. You are a first-rate software engineer, with experience building scalable backends to support the product features. You are passionate about developing and you value quality and code maintainability. You like working in a hands-on environment and enjoy teamwork. You are pragmatic and do not pick technologies without considering the benefits for the product and business. You are a thinker and problem solver, not a requirement follower.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to work remotely from Brazil. You'll join us in obsessing about transformational technology as part of our Financial Ops squad. You should have experience and a proven ability to use experimental ideas to develop new solutions and build new products or features. Our backend technology stack is based on Python with Django, although we do not require experience with it.
We are a growing team of passionate engineers from all levels. Our goal is to design and build tools and services to support the Finance Operations team to scale and efficiently support both shippers and carriers. We have a collaborative work environment, where engineers and other team members from different departments pool their knowledge together to help each other to grow.
- Collaborate with the teammates to build the product’s functionality.
- Together with other team members, be responsible for the whole lifecycle of our Financial products, from the conception, specification, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Build modern, efficient, scalable backend solutions using Python.
- Discuss good practices for software development and feel comfortable suggesting contributions to build our set of internal guidelines and shared code.
- Review Pull Requests from the other members of the team.
- Communication. You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken) - you will work in an international team with native and non-native English speakers.
- Backend. Experience building scalable backend solutions. Experience with Python is a plus.
- Passion. Be passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code, supported by unit and integration tests
- Troubleshooting. You're good at identifying the source of bugs, know how to dig into the code that may be causing the outstanding issue, and work to resolve any issues that come up.
- Curiosity. You're keen on learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You're a pragmatic programmer. You ask questions and are eager to learn more.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related field is preferable but not mandatory.
Because we are an international company, we only accept resumes in English.
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.