Chief Product Officer
Chicago / Remote /
G&A – Executive Team /
Full-time (US only)
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
Loadsmart is a growth-stage start-up technology company valued at over $1 billion (a true Tech Unicorn)!
Loadsmart has recently created a new Chief Product Officer position to drive outstanding performance across product strategy and execution, towards accelerating business impact and industry disruption. This role is both exciting and intense, with a ton to build and execute. We are looking for an exceptional leader who is both strategic and hands-on.
The Chief Product Officer will develop a compelling vision and strategy for product and innovation at Loadsmart, in partnership with key stakeholders especially from the Commercial, Marketing and Engineering teams, and will execute it with strong results orientation and focus on building a world class Product organization.
REPORTING TO: Marcello Mastioni, Chief Operating Officer
LOCATION: This position can be remote anywhere in the Americas, yet preferably in our offices in Chicago; the expectation is this role will generally work during Central business hours as Chicago is HQ; the role must be willing to travel when needed.
TEAM SIZE: This role will manage a direct team of about 30 Product and Design resources, and naturally influence a broader Engineering team of about 200 resources, based primarily in Latin America with small teams in the US and Eastern Europe; with additional strong matrixed influence throughout the Company.
JOB TYPE: exempt
What you get to do:
- Partner closely with the commercial team to align on key market and client opportunities
- Develop robust product vision and strategy clearly conveying how Loadsmart will win with its customers, reach its business and financial goals, and stay ahead of competition - securing strong buy-in from key stakeholders, and energizing the broader team on it
- Ensure the Product team enjoys continuous interactions with the customers, research customers and market deeply, and represent the voice of the customer internally by programmatically socializing learnings and insights
- Develop a strong culture of innovation excellence, constantly driving continuous improvement especially in agile sprint & scrum execution, leveraging feedback and coaching at all levels, managing with data, and regularly celebrating wins and successes
- Run the product development cycle using well formalized ideation and experimentation methodologies, including setting and validating hypotheses and realizing fast feedback and iteration loops, and consistently communicate on product impact and performance
- Partner with the Chief Technology Officer on allocating resources towards maximizing value creation, using a quantitative approach
- Attract and retain exceptional Product and Design talent, and explicitly provide relevant development opportunities across the team
You have experience:
- Developing and demonstrating success with non-obvious strategy, by researching, evaluating and modeling different strategic options in detail, and using an MVP approach to get signal and fail small
- Inspiring and rallying the entire company after a powerfully communicated strategy, and creating excitement in other external stakeholders and investors
- Scaling and managing a global Product organization of at least 30 associates at a leading innovative company, ideally in a multi-product environment and within the context of disrupting an industry by displacing incumbents through new solutions
- Managing performance of product teams with impact and velocity metrics, as well as by establishing structured coaching and feedback loops typical of a mature agile culture
- Driving data-driven proficiency (ideation, hypotheses, testing, MVP, etc.) in a product team from an industry average level to a world class level
- Managing large change effectively, and accomplishing major initiatives through outstanding organization, planning, execution and communication
- Partnering effectively with other key roles in the organization including commercial and finance leadership, bringing to life together new options and paths
- Industry experience in logistics services and/or SaaS is a must
WORKING AT LOADSMART
• Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
• Extremely competitive Equity package - become a shareholder in our company!
• Loadie Time Off - PTO and sick days without a limit
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (US applied)
• 401k Match
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of Loadsmart that all offers of employment made shall be contingent upon successful completion of electronic background check(s). These checks will be job-related, consistent with business necessity and conducted by our vendor, pursuant to all applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures of our candidates' specific locale.