New York, NY
Who we are:
At Loadsmart, we won't settle for the status quo in logistics. We know there is a better, more efficient and socially responsible way to move cargo across the world. That's why we are building products, platforms, and services with a purpose that create a transformational capacity to change the world. Currently, we are focused on rewriting the rules of the road for full truckload shipping. Our mission: to connect all trucks and players—shippers and brokers, owners and operators, dispatchers and drivers—and deliver more with less.
Who you are:
You get deals done and see them through. You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry.
Loadsmart is hiring a carrier sales representative to work in the NYC office. This position will work closely with the operations team where you will prospect, cold-calling, nurturing advancing carrier relationships, booking loads.
- Negotiate with the best carriers to provide the best service to our customers
- Build relationships with your carrier portfolio over phone and email (and even in-person visits with enterprise carriers!)
- Help dispatchers and drivers learn to use our technology to book and track loads so you can spend more time booking freight
- Help provide feedback to our engineering teams to continuously improve our core technology for sourcing capacity
- Assist Loadsmart in further building out the company's carrier portfolio by targeting and growing untapped enterprise carriers
- 1-2 years work experience in carrier sales, LTL and Full Truckload shipments.
- Very strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience working in a high pressure deadline driven environment
- Strong business judgment and analytical skills
- Willing to work in a highly entrepreneurial and teamwork oriented environment