New York, NY
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You get deals done and see them through. You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry.
Loadsmart is hiring a carrier sales representative to work in the NYC office. This position will work closely with the operations team where you will prospect, cold-calling, nurturing advancing carrier relationships, booking loads.
- Negotiate with the best carriers to provide the best service to our customers
- Build relationships with your carrier portfolio over phone and email (and even in-person visits with enterprise carriers!)
- Help dispatchers and drivers learn to use our technology to book and track loads so you can spend more time booking freight
- Help provide feedback to our engineering teams to continuously improve our core technology for sourcing capacity
- Assist Loadsmart in further building out the company's carrier portfolio by targeting and growing untapped enterprise carriers
- 1-2 years work experience in carrier sales or Full Truckload shipments.
- Very strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience working in a high pressure deadline driven environment
- Strong business judgment and analytical skills
- Willing to work in a highly entrepreneurial and teamwork oriented environment