Python Back End Engineer
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You take your impact seriously. You are passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, long-lasting value. You are a first-rate software engineer, with experience and a proven ability to think strategically, creatively, commercially, programmatically.
We are looking for a Python Back End Engineer to work in Florianopolis with Loadsmart. You'll join us in obsessing about transformational technology as part of our backend team . You should have experience and a proven ability to use experimental ideas to develop new solutions, build new products, and create new concepts.
- Roll up your sleeves and develop code from day one
- Actively contribute to and support the design, deployment, and maintenance of critical systems
- Partner with and support all members of our creative, tight-knit team
- Exercise your intuitive ability for creative problem solving and contagious positive passion to solve challenging and exciting problems and inspire those around you
- Move seamlessly from high-altitude thinking to the tangible and practical as a productive member of a lean software development team
- You’re fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Programming experience with Python
- Experience with testing your own development code
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL) or columnar databases (Vertica, Redshift, Greenplum) a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field would be cool, but it is not mandatory.
Because we are an international company, we only accept resumes in english.