Full Stack Developer II - Digital Pharmacy
Toronto, Canada /
Technology – Software Development /
At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The impact you'll make:
As a Developer II, you’ll be defining the experience that Canadians across the country have every week with the Digital Pharmacy (DRx) at Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaws grocery banners. Our customers are moms who get inhalers for their kids, grandparents who take daily medications for high cholesterol, and even young people who pick up epinephrine injectors for themselves. It’s you, your family, friends, and neighbours.
More than an e-commerce platform, patients engage with us to stay healthy and safe. You will be part of a cross-functional team of software developers, designers, product owners, project managers, marketing, and trading analysts. In concert with your colleagues, you will be building, improving, and maintaining a world-class, multi-channel DRx platform.
Our team functions like a startup—driving our own technological decisions, standards for excellence, and directions for growth—within the security of a company that is over a hundred years old with millions of customers. This is a rare opportunity to build new technology that will operate at a massive scale and impact the lives of many.
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with product managers, designers, researchers, analysts, and other subject matter experts to create a best-in-class customer experience. When working at this scale, we count on each other in order to succeed.
- Build and deliver great defect-free software.
- Get actively involved in code reviews, pair programming, 360 reviews, and mentorship activities. We’re only as strong as our weakest link.
- Provide technical guidance and support in resolving critical issues, so DRx is always open and available to patients.
- Grow as a software developer by bringing best practices, technological expertise, and rigorous process to deliver robust software effectively.
- Share new leanings in your code, in knowledge transfer sessions with your colleagues, and in documentation for those who follow.
- Be a contributor in shaping the culture of continuous inclusivity and improvement. We have a diverse team with a variety of backgrounds ranging from a coding bootcamp grads to a PhD In computer science, from recent immigrants to Canadian-born, from gamers to gardeners. We take pride in making space for people here.
Does this sound like you?
- You have 3-5 years of experience with full stack software development, with a knowledge spike in one or more of front end, back end, or devops. Our stack includes React, NodeJS, Java, and Terraform, Google Cloud Platform. The specific technologies that you have used is less important than your intrinsics, such as fire in your belly and pride in your work.
- You’re passionate about building rock solid software and opinionated about what good looks like. You’re looking for a place to land where you can make a difference.
- You believe in delivering incremental value rapidly with continuous integration and deployments.
- You’ve used, or even built, CI/CD pipelines and wouldn’t work any other way.
- You are a committed cloud technologist who preferentially develops software to be deployed on cloud and seeks operational excellence on cloud.
- You have a hunger to learn and are open to change, which is evident in your constant hunt to improve yourself and our products.
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.