Product Lead, Loyalty & Merchandising
Toronto, Canada /
Product Management and Digital Center of Excellence – Product Management /
At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The impact you’ll make
As Product Lead, Loyalty & Merchandising, you will have the opportunity to work across the organization, to bring trusted products and services to our customers as they shop PC Express. In close collaboration with merchandising and loyalty teams, you will define a holistic strategy to deliver value to our customers. You will work closely with the product management team to define the product vision and strategy for the shopping experience, oversee development of the product roadmap and collaborate with engineering leads to support teams.
We are looking for a candidate who is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience, showing proven success in ownership, bias for action, and thinking big. As Product Lead, you will need to exhibit ability to make the hard, high-judgment trade-offs, and work in a fast paced, analytical and experimentation-driven environment to drive scale. The right candidate will bring a good mix of experience with product management skill set, eCommerce, and a roll-up-your-sleeves, entrepreneurial approach.
What you'll do
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, vendors, technology, and team, to lead the development of the product strategy and roadmap, ensuring it supports customers and aligns to internal business strategy/goals
- Immerse yourself in understanding customer needs and apply them when making product decisions.
- Work closely with large, cross-functional teams, including loyalty, merchandising, operations, technology, design, marketing, research, and customer service, to ensure that we build lean and scalable features with clear intent and at high velocity
- Develop a strong understanding of technology and operations. Identify opportunities to automate, optimize, and scale our workflows, systems, and processes to provide exceptional customer experiences
- Define goals and KPIs to measure success. Report on metrics that ladder up to overall quarterly & yearly goals
- Be an effective people manager – lead and manage a team of product managers and help build the overall product management practice.
Does this sound like you?
- You can easily build relationships and have been part of large, cross functional teams that are working to solve complex problems and build products for millions of Canadians
- You have strong knowledge of product management principles and have a set of tried & tested best practices
- You have a customer first approach to building products, leveraging research and data paired with empathy to build experiences that create customer stickiness
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- You are obsessed with testing and experimentation is a core pillar of how you approach product development – you aren’t happy unless you’ve learned something after shipping
- You have a growth mindset – you know there’s always a better way to do things and are willing to disrupt yourself or the status quo
- You are accustomed to working closely with technical & business counterparts to achieve customer and business goals in an efficient & effective manner
What you'll need
- 5+ years of product management experience and 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience working closely with Engineering, Data Science & other business functions.
- Solid stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently and sift through ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Solid understanding and proficiency in using data analytics tools like Adobe analytics or Google Analytics
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.