Construction & Design
San Francisco /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of digital food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout 2021.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
We are seeking a creative and relentless Construction Manager or Head of Construction as our first internal development hire to help Local Kitchens scale from 4 to 100 units. You will help to define our concept from a guest experience and kitchen design perspective, while executing rapidly on a development plan that sets us on a track for national scale. We are very well funded and have industry-leading store economics, so this is a great opportunity for a talented development professional to build an industry-transforming concept from the ground up. You must be comfortable operating at the lowest level of detail and spending 50+% of your time in the field, while also working as a partner to the executive team.
- Manage vendors including architect, general contractor, kitchen designer and equipment vendor, MEP engineer, signage vendor.
- Be in charge of daily project management of stores through launch and ops handoff. Responsible for project budget and on-time delivery.
- Develop test fits and site due diligence reports to evaluate locations.
- Coordinate creation and review of construction and design documents.
- Obtain required building and health permits and attend jurisdictional approval meetings.
- Travel to restaurant sites to attend construction progress meetings and resolve issues.
- Develop brand concept and interior/industrial design in partnership with the executive team.
- Help build out a Development team with world-class talent.
- 5-8 years in restaurant/retail design or construction management.
- Ability/willingness to travel throughout the Bay Area up to 50% of the time.
- Relentless - urgency to hit goals no matter what, scrappy, get a lot done.
- Creative + first-principles thinker - design a concept from scratch that has never been done before.
- Extremely details-oriented and organized.
- Leadership and ownership - define construction & design function at a 12-person company.
- Customer obsession - use guest experience to guide every decision.
- Hit store launch schedule and budget.
- Stores succeed operationally with 10 star guest experience.
- Tight coordination with Operations, Finance, Marketing.