Regional General Manager
San Francisco /
Local Kitchens is seeking a relentless, guest obsessed and analytical Regional General Manager to own multiple kitchen P&Ls. You will be the first RGM! We work with brilliant local chefs and exciting restaurant brands - your job is to ensure world class, profitable execution of their menus. This is a great role for an ambitious individual to set up and drive high standards at Local Kitchens. You will have high ownership at an extremely fast-growing startup.
You’ll spend time (30%) in the field. Our kitchens are staffed with Kitchen Managers who run the day to day operations. The kitchen manager ensures adequate staffing, food ordering, preparation of food, cleanliness and all day to day operations. Your job is to oversee those operations, sales, profit and loss. You will be solely (with HQ resources) responsible for driving sales growth at each kitchen under your direct management. You’re the CEO of the Bay Area market ($100m sales potential).
- Talent - Hire, retain, directly manage kitchen managers. Help hire kitchen team members. Develop exceptional talent through training. Create and execute promotion track for kitchen workers.
- Guests - Interact with and delight guests in store and online. Train and develop team on guest interactions. Lead community outreach, create memorable experiences, events and promotions for guests.
- Business - Report kitchen business metrics to at weekly leadership meeting. Help create kitchen scorecards. Local growth - partner with Marketing. Store launch - partner with Construction, Culinary Ops. Manage day-to-day truck route. Maintain physical stores - partner with Facilities and Design.
- Process - Collaborate with engineering to create kitchen efficiencies. Create and ensure adherence for standard operating procedures.
- Hit growth and profitability goals in specified timelines
- Quality - ensure consistent high quality ratings, use data to ensure rating consistency
- Operational KPIs: quality, throughput, guest experience
- Retain employees
- Promote employees
- Extremely details-oriented and organized
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Guest-focused - deep love for guests and partners
- Strong EQ - able to relate to many different types of people from many different backgrounds
- Strong recruiter
- First principles - understand what makes Local Kitchens unique
- Strategic - can document and communicate future plans to leadershipAnalytical - you use metrics to drive decisions
- Analytical - you use metrics to drive decisions
- Entrepreneurial - relentlessly resourceful, stay on the goal
Suggested background: consulting, business general management, startup GM, VP of Ops, Director of Ops