Marketing Operations Associate
San Francisco /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2022.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
We are seeking a Marketing Operations Associate to own all of our stores’ community marketing efforts! You will work closely with the operations and marketing team to ensure that Local Kitchens makes the ultimate first impression in the communities where we launch and operate restaurants.
You will own all of our community outreach to acquire tons of new Local Kitchens guests through field efforts. You’ll be responsible for launching organized and creative kitchen launch experiences for our guests.
This is an exciting opportunity to work and grow first hand in a fast-paced startup environment - You will create and execute a community engagement strategy to drive new guests into our stores, and increase overall guest acquisition.
- Manage and coordinate a social calendar for each of our stores to create high quality touch points, and a physical presence in each of the communities we serve
- Hire and manage a team of part time Community Marketing Associates who will be the face of Local Kitchens for potential new guests
- Operationalize field events by collaborating closely with our Culinary and Supply Chain teams to ensure flawless event execution and magical guest experiences
- Organize physical print materials to ensure our assets match and represent our brand identity
- Cultivate and find opportunities to participate in, and be a part of, the local communities where we operate through events, partnerships, sponsorships, fundraisers, and other creative tactics
- Support community marketing and advertising, including Out of Home, Door Hanger & Direct Mail Campaigns, and other similar initiatives
- Manage deadlines and project plans to ensure all initiatives launch on time with impeccable attention to detail
- Execution - get shit done no matter what
- Communication - You wow guests with great conversations and can get a point across by creating a tailored pitch to be effective. You are the expert in our guest personas and value propositions
- Hyper Organized - You pay attention to detail and can stay on top of it all
- Scrappy - You know how to make things happen with the resources available
- People Person - You will be interacting with many potential guests in this role
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience in field marketing, or working as a brand ambassador
- Previous experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Food Group is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team and to serve local communities with the best selection and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.