San Francisco /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities by operating takeout food hubs, with a "digital food hall" retail in the front and a tech-powered high throughput kitchen in the back. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to every neighborhood across the country. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2021.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we raised a seed round in September from angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine and in the SF Business Times.
We are seeking a Manager or Director of Real Estate to lead our aggressive store development plan. You will work closely with the founder/CEO to evaluate site opportunities, drive deals through execution, and define our real estate strategy as we go from 4 to 100 units. We are very well-capitalized and have industry-leading store economics, so this is a great opportunity for a talented real estate professional to run at full speed. You must be comfortable getting your hands dirty with field work while also being a partner to the executive team.
- Use data analytics and company strategy to prioritize trade areas in SF Bay Area.
- Identify site opportunities by sourcing yourself and working with brokers
- Drive deals and negotiate business terms with real estate counsel; make final decisions with input from the executive team
- Own projects from site diligence all the way through construction and opening.
- Define company budgets and timelines for development as we scale to Market 2 and beyond (Phoenix / Los Angeles / Houston)
- Help build out Development team with world-class talent
- Develop repeatable real estate process and great communication with cross-functional team members
- Hit store launch schedule and budget
- Stores succeed operationally with great guest experience
- Tight coordination with Operations, Finance, Marketing
- 5-8 years experience in restaurant/retail development
- Relentless - hit goals no matter what, scrappy, get a lot done, willingness to experiment
- Excellent real estate intuition - right by gut 50% of the time
- Data-driven - use data to inform real estate decisions
- Customer obsession - use real estate as a tool to drive guest and partner experience
- Leadership and ownership - define the real estate function in a 10-person company
- Extremely details-oriented and organized
- Willingness to travel