San Francisco /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities by operating takeout food hubs, with a "digital food hall" retail in the front and a tech-powered high throughput kitchen in the back. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to every neighborhood across the country. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2021.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and CAVA and we raised a seed round in September from angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine and in the SF Business Times.
We are seeking a manager of Restaurant Technology to lead multi-region proprietary technology deployments and lead our procurement strategy. You will work closely with the CTO (co-founder) and define our in-store technology deployment strategy as we scale from 4 to 100 units. However, you should still be excited to roll up your sleeves, jump in the car, and go where the work is, as needed.
- Coordinate technology deployments for new store launches
- Direct external IT and support vendors to ensure stores have industry leading uptime and reliability
- Work backwards from the ideal guest experience to procure best in class hardware that our proprietary software will run on. This will consist of digital kiosks, kitchen display systems, device mounts, payment terminals, televisions, digital cubbies, and custom enclosures
- Partner with Engineering team to provision technology launches
- Partner with Kitchen Managers and our Development team to uncover new technology opportunities that further our concept’s value to guests
- Hit store launch schedule and budget
- Support Kitchen Managers with exceptional uptime during store operating hours
- Elite tech enabled guest experience
- 2-5 years of experience in an IT program management role
- Previous experience running support for a growing company
- Ability to communicate with non-technical colleagues
- Excellent prioritization based on magnitude of impact
- Relentless customer obsession - never lose sight of what is best for the guest
- Willingness to drive by car around Bay Area to make site visits