Lead Product Designer
San Francisco /
Local Kitchens helps local restaurants expand to new cities across our network of digital food halls. Unlike ghost kitchens, we provide a full-stack solution with web and kiosk ordering, and software-enabled kitchens operated by our own staff. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood.
We recently raised a $25m Series A led by General Catalyst and angels like Steph Curry (2x NBA champion), Tony Xu (CEO DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO Twitter/Square). Read more about us in HNGRY.tv and the Wall Street Journal. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout 2021.
We are seeking our first Product Designer to found our design organization and own both UX and UI design for our guest facing software. You will conduct UX research directly with users and design with them, not just for them. You will have a unique opportunity to design software that powers a novel multi-brand restaurant retail concept with a diverse customer base encompassing many age ranges and backgrounds. Your work will help exceptional local restaurants expand their footprint and tell their stories to more customers. You will report to the CTO (co-founder) and work on launching new products and optimizing existing ones. You will build our initial design system and be responsible for growing the design team as we scale.
- Conduct UX research with users remotely and in our retail locations throughout the Bay Area
- Own the visual design of localkitchens.com, our in-store kiosk, and eventually our mobile ordering app
- Research and propose UI improvements for our kitchen display system to improve cooking accuracy and throughput
- Contribute to company-wide product strategy and lead the design process from idea to production
- Build a deep understanding of our users through data, direct interaction, and a best in class customer analytics stack
- Help recruit a world-class design team and build a design-forward culture
- Develop and refine initial design system
- Contribute to brand design and in-store experience
- 5+ yrs experience as a product designer, preferably with some DTC/e-commerce or retail experience
- Experience leading user research sessions
- Experience operating as a thought partner to a product manager or engineering leader
- Ability to work iteratively. Comfortable developing wireframes and prototypes.
- Passion for creating delightful consumer experiences via software, food, and hospitality