Culinary Development Chef
San Francisco /
Kitchen Operations /
Local Kitchens helps local restaurants expand to new cities across our network of digital food halls. Unlike ghost kitchens, we provide a full-stack solution with “franchising-as-a-service”, web and kiosk ordering, and software-enabled kitchens. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood.
We recently raised a $25m Series A led by General Catalyst and angels like Steph Curry, Tony Xu (CEO DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey. Read more about us in HNGRY.tv and the Wall Street Journal. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout 2021.
Culinary Development Chef:
We are seeking a creative and relentless Development Chef to take the lead of bringing new Brand Partners on to the Local Kitchens platform. This role will report to the Head of Culinary and work in conjunction with our Partner Success lead to the Local Kitchens menus with new Restaurant Brand Partners. The Culinary Development Chef must bring a passion for food and a relentless attitude towards the quality of execution.
- Collaborate in defining Local Kitchens and new brand partner menus.
- Recipe test and develop procedures for execution of all partner dishes.
- Collaborate with partners on optimal product and packaging of proprietary menu items.
- Execute tasting sessions and development meetings.
- Develop training procedures and assets for onboarding new brand partners.
- Collaborate with the Quality team to train kitchen staff on new brand partners.
- Ongoing recipe testing of current Brand Partners to ensure highest quality of execution.
- Researching and testing equipment for increased culinary excellence.
- Develop recipes and techniques for Partner Menu execution.
- Onboard new Brand Partners with excellence in quality of execution.
- Provide direct culinary support between Local Kitchens and Partner Culinary Teams.
- Innovate on execution of Local Kitchens partner menus through development of recipes and testing equipment.
- 5-8 years of executive chef and/or R&D Chef.
- Ability/willingness to travel throughout Bay Area up to 50% of the time
- Relentless - urgency to hit goals no matter what, scrappy, get a lot done
- Creative + first-principles thinker - design a concept from scratch that has never been done before- reinterpret how food can be executed at the highest quality and fastest way possible
- Extremely details-oriented and organized.
- Customer obsession - use guest experience to guide every decision