Regional Director of Kitchen Operations
Bay Area, CA /
Kitchen & Store Operations /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2022.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
About the Role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Regional Director of Kitchen Operations to run a defined set of 2-5 stores in the Northern California area. We are offering meaningful equity ownership in the company and a competitive salary. Our Directors of Kitchen Operations are responsible for maintaining high operational standards while developing the leaders in their area.
- Directly manage General Managers to hit economic and operational goals
- Coach General Managers on how to coach their staff so the store runs well when the General Manager is not there
- Drive ramping stores to profitability within company timelines
- Grow same store sales
- Drive and increase percentage of 5-star reviews
- Develop General Managers into multi-unit leaders
- Coordinate with Support Center and kitchens
- Bias to action - eager to go to kitchens
- Entrepreneurial, works with autonomy
- Strong communicator
- Proven team builder
- Strong teacher/trainer
- Guest First - always do what’s best for the guest
- Respect - yourself, your teammates, your customers
- Data Driven - make decisions based on data
- Team Wins - do what’s best for the team because the team can accomplish more than the individual
- Ownership - take pride in everything you do
- Relentless - work ethic
Nice to Have:
- Comfortable with technology
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
- Kitchen experience - competent line cook
- Experience with inventory systems
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Health care, Dental, Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Interact directly with the founders
- Massive, rapid growth potential
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
Salary ranges from $95,000 - $130,000. Additionally, we offer significant equity ownership.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Food Group is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team and to serve local communities with the best selection and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.