San Francisco /
Local Food Group is building delivery kitchens to help the $900bn restaurant industry go digital. Think Amazon fulfillment centers for food, in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the Bay Area and expanding throughout California in 2021.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and early CAVA Grill, and we raised a seed round in September from angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter) .
About the Role:
We are seeking a software engineer with seasoned fullstack engineering capabilities and intuition for product and design. You will work on our Guest Experience team, developing our in store kiosk, web ordering, and loyalty products while directly observing users. As the company grows, you will play an integral role in recruiting, hiring, and defining our engineering culture. We are offering meaningful equity and a competitive salary for a seed stage venture backed start up.
How do we do it?
- We partner with exceptional local brands and grow their off-premise dining presence with outposts in the suburbs
- We build KitchenOS software (Kitchen Display System, Order Manager, Status Board) for seamlessly operating a multi-brand kitchen with a single culinary team
- We integrate with third-party marketplaces, while also reaching guests directly and creating loyalty in our own digital channels.
- We build a customer centric in person experience
- Contribute to product direction and prioritization
- Own technical architecture decisions
- Build a multi-platform multi-brand online ordering and loyalty app
- Work side by side with our users in order to craft the optimal solution for their needs
- Contribute to and define a product focused engineering culture
- Enable great restaurant brands to serve more happy guests
- Eat a lot of great food!
- Strong grasp of React, Typescript, and GraphQL
- Experience shipping web applications from MVP to GA
- UX intuition
- Previous startup experience
- Passion for solving our customers’ most burning problems
Nice to Have:
- Tailwind CSS
- Apollo GraphQL
- Design Experience