Business Development Representative
Bay Area, CA /
Support Center – Sales /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2022.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
We are seeking a Business Development Representative to lead Local Kitchens Catering’s pre-sale and growth functions. You will be directly responsible for growing LK Catering’s client base and developing our GTM strategy. You will be our first BDR hire, and will work cross-functionally with our marketing and central teams to achieve aggressive sales goals. You will be responsible for executing our existing GTM playbook while helping develop it for new use cases, client types, and new verticals. This role is integral to the long-term success of LK Catering, which has a pathway to become a $5MM / year business in 2023. Core functions of this role include relationship management, support operations, AR/AP ownership.
We are very well-capitalized and have industry-leading store economics - this is an entry level opportunity and a great opportunity for a talented individual with early sales or BD experience to run within a high growth setting. You will be given a high ceiling for growth, with an opportunity to define an entirely new org and team. You must be incredibly scrappy and client focused- you will be tasked with achieving aggressive client acquisition goals, with the resources of a new team within a young startup. You must also be highly organized, able to manage a large outbound sales database, and comfortable managing complex relationships.
- Client Acquisition. Own all outbound sales outreach across markets, building our book of business to hit our aggressive weekly sales targets.
- Outreach Conversion. Iterate and improve outreach communications and strategy in order to improve overall conversion rate and reduce time to close.
- GTM Strategy. Develop GTM strategy as we expand catering into new verticals, use cases, and markets.
- 0-2 years of experience in business development or outside sales.
- Extremely details-oriented and organized
- Client communications expereince
- Relationship focused - approach sales from a relationship-building perspective, rather than a transactional “hit your numbers” cold call approach
Nice to Have
- Experience at an early-stage or high-growth startup
- Catering or restaurant experience
- Sales management / GTM experience
Salary ranges between $50,000 - 70,000. In addition to this, we offer meaningful equity ownership.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Food Group is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team and to serve local communities with the best selection and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.