Real Estate Manager
Los Angeles /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2022.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Real Estate Launcher to spearhead our aggressive store development plan in Southern California. You will work closely with the Head of Real Estate to set a strategy for the market, evaluate site opportunities, and drive deals through execution. This role will be based in SoCal. We are very well-capitalized and have industry-leading store economics, so this is a great opportunity for a talented real estate professional to run at full speed. You must be comfortable getting your hands dirty with field work while also being a strategic partner to the leadership team.
- Execute on the company strategy for the next new market
- Proactively identify and evaluate sites to meet our criteria and benchmarks
- Drive deals and negotiate LOIs and leases terms
- Manage and motivate our brokerage teams within the territory
- Build Landlord and brokerage relationships and build excitement for what Local Kitchens’ unique tenancy adds to a property / center
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional team members - construction, Ops…
- Develop and test a playbook for new markets
- 2+ years experience in restaurant/retail real estate dealmaking
- Dealmaker IQ / EQ - familiarity with retail deal terms, driving deals forward, understands the other side’s desires and motivations, thinks creatively to get deals done
- Thrives on autonomy - self-motivated and effective working independently with the big picture goals in mind
- Willingness to travel - within the market multiple times a week; outside the market, on occasion
Nice to Have:
- Deep understanding of the dynamics of the Southern California market
- Existing relationships in the retail real estate community
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Food Group is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team and to serve local communities with the best selection and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.