San Francisco /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2022.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Data and Analytics Engineer to embed with our kitchen and ops team. Your mission will be to centralize data and make it accessible to all, so that everyone is empowered to do their own data analysis. You will also work on forward looking projects, such as sales forecasting and kitchen throughput modeling. Your work will help optimize our supply chain and kitchen efficiency. As the company grows, you will play an integral role in recruiting, hiring, and defining our engineering culture. We are offering meaningful equity and a competitive salary.
- Centralize sales data across all channels alongside food cost and labor
- Centralize our customer feedback and quality metrics from 3rd party platforms like Doordash and Uber Eats
- Own our data analytics stack (Data warehouse, ETL, Business Intelligence tool)
- Instrument our guest experience app events and track retention, conversion, and weekly orders
- Forecast sales and predict cooking time to optimize kitchen efficiency
- Build dashboards that help Kitchen Managers optimize their store performance and purchasing decisions
- Strong grasp of SQL
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to build ETL tools and query APIs in Python
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool - e.g. Mode or Looker
- 2+ years of industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with No Code tools such as Retool
- Experience building API integrations between business systems
- Experience with dbt
- A passion for food
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Food Group is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team and to serve local communities with the best selection and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.