San Francisco /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2022.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
About The Role:
We are looking for a relentless recruiter to help scale our team from 4 - 50+. You will recruit roles in engineering, product and design. You will report directly to our COO/co-founder and help build and amplify our already strong recruiting culture. We are a company where all hiring managers source, we enforce strict recruiting standards. We expect to hire high performing candidates and we expect the same high standard from our recruiting process. You'll do it all: initiate recruiting collateral and resources, own the candidate process, source, coordinate, manage direct reports - this is a role for someone who wants to lead a recruiting team with a no job beneath you attitude.
- Maintain elite interview practices: punctual, employees and candidates prepared, candidates always know their status, candidate experience is world-class regardless of outcome (start candidate experience survey). Relentlessly hold employees to high standards
- Evaluate 3rd party tools to increase recruiting velocity and candidate experience
- Create recruiting analytics dashboard, set goals, manage weekly
- Conduct phone screens
- Build out a sourcing function, source candidates
- Coordinate interviews
- Develop recruiting content
- Manage and hire RCs and Sourcers
- Hire on EPD timelines
- Experience recruiting technical roles: SWE, PM, Design
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- High EQ, able to make anyone feel excited and comfortable
- Written communication - verbal and written, structured, clear and concise
- Employee-focused - deep love for employees and candidates
- First principles - understand what makes working at Local Food Group unique
- Professionalism - can communicate with candidates of all levels
- Analytical - you use metrics to drive decisions
- Entrepreneurial - relentlessly resourceful, stay on the goal
- Creative - you have new and crazy ideas on how we can attract talent
Nice to Have:
- Early stage startup experience
- Management experience
- HR experience
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Food Group is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team and to serve local communities with the best selection and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.