Director, Training and Food Quality
San Francisco /
Local Food Group is building delivery kitchens to help the $900bn restaurant industry go digital. Think Amazon fulfillment centers for food, bringing great & convenient restaurant options to every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the Bay Area and expanding throughout California in 2021.
Our team comes from leadership at DoorDash and Momofuku, and we recently raised a $25m Series A from General Cayalyst, DoorDash and Steph Curry. We have also received investment from angels like Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), David Novak (former CEO of Yum! Brands), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter.)
About the Role:
You will own the Local Kitchens food quality metric. You will create the system to diagnose weekly quality issues, trends and provide corrective actions. You will also measure brand competency of staff, new and existing. This is a leadership role where you will report on the quality metrics by brand and by kitchen in the weekly executive meeting. The execution of the system will be performed by a training team. The manager of the training team will report to you.
This role reports directly to our COO/co-founder. We are a fast-growing company with a no job beneath us attitude so be prepared to do whatever it takes to make the company successful!
We are building one of the strongest teams in the US - you will build the system that trains them. We are offering meaningful equity ownership in the company and a competitive salary. We are the beginning of our mission to launch 2,000 stores. If you are a builder and growth minded, this is the role for you!
- Own quality ratings company-wide. Report on them in weekly exec meeting
- Collect and analyze data from guest feedback, audits, checklists
- Build a system to maintain and improve quality by brand and by location
- Work with engineering to design kitchen software (Kitchen Display System) to improve quality
- Create a system to produce and edit training materials within 24 hrs
- Provide Kitchen Managers with daily and weekly quality reports with corrective action plans
- Spend your time: 80% in HQ (Support Center), 20% in kitchens
- Analytical, process and systems oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication with different audiences (kitchen staff and engineers!)
- Strong product operations skills. Translating improvements into software
- Self-directed, highly organized, time-management, prioritization skills
- Enjoys leading in a fast-paced environment
- First principles thinking - what we are doing has never been done before
- Data Driven - make decisions based on data
- Guest First - always do what’s best for the guest
- Ownership - take pride in everything you do, no excuses
- Relentless - work ethic
- Full of energy and enthusiasm
- Leader - command respect in the kitchen
- Bonus: Experience building training systems at scale in people driven environments
- Health Care, Dental, Vision
- Get in at the ground floor of a fast growing company!
- Interact directly with the founders
- Massive growth potential