Purchasing/Supply Chain Manager
San Francisco /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of digital food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout 2021.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
This role will delight both our guests and our Kitchen Managers. Help streamline day to day operations for our KM’S while maintaining food cost and high menu availability rates. Build and oversee purchasing software including recipes, prep items, vendor items. Manage integrations with POS systems and provide reporting and analysis on food cost, waste, and usage. Negotiate future contracts with vendors. Work with the operations and engineering team to build a full circle platform connecting guest ordering to kitchen manager purchasing and everything in between.
- Build and maintain accuracy of all purchase items, recipes, and pos integrations.
- Providing reporting and analysis on food cost, waste, and usage.
- Insuring proper accounting of all purchase orders to invoices.
- Liaison with accounting firm to ensure all purchasing and invoices are accurate.
- Provide reporting and purchasing support to ensure 99% menu availability rate and sub 5% food waste.
- Help build and maintain new kitchen operational platform tying front end guest ordering experience through to the purchasing process.
- Oversee purchasing for future commissary operations.
- Manage POS system and menu management as well as integrations with purchasing software.
- Implement systems to streamline and optimize the purchasing process effectively reducing labor and food cost.
- Proficiency with Excel and Google Suite.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Strong Math Skills.
- Experience with Restaurant Purchasing Software preferred (r365, crunchtime, compeat, ctuit, craftable).
- Basic Culinary Knowledge Prefered.
- Previous purchasing manager experience
- POS system experience (Toast, Revel, Aloha, Micros)