Bay Area, CA /
Support Center – Sales /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2022.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
As a founding Strategic Partnership team member, you'll join our experienced sales team to lead our efforts in building partnerships with enterprise-level restaurant organizations. Using a consultative approach, you will prospect, build relationships, and sign new restaurants onto the Local Kitchens platform — with a specific target of the best local and regional restaurants in Northern and Southern California in addition to national restaurant brands. By understanding our partners unique needs, you will develop customized solutions and deal structures that deliver long term value to both our Partners and Local Kitchens.
You’ll report into our Head of Revenue, and work closely with our culinary, finance, growth and account management teams. If you’re a self-starter, hungry for a true start-up environment that is fast paced and ever changing and have a passion for restaurants, this is the role for you.
- Lead and manage the entire sales cycle: prospecting, contacting, negotiating, and closing new restaurant partnerships for Local Kitchens
- Execute our go-to-market motion for outbound and referral pipeline generation and map out stakeholders of enterprise-level organizations to gain an understanding of their decision criteria and and partner with decision makers (MEDDIC selling)
- Accurately and effectively manage sales pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities and resources
- Understand the competitive landscape and our partners unique needs to determine how to best position Local Kitchens in the market
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Finance, Growth/Marketing Team, Culinary Team, Purchasing Team, Account Management) to structure and execute a comprehensive deal process: develop deal strategy, synthesize data, lead analysis, define the overall business approach, and get buy-in on your proposed partnerships
Skills & Qualifications
- You have 5-7 years of Sales / Business Development experience, specializing in an Enterprise level sales function
- Strong verbal and written communication
- You have experience exceeding sales quota goals
- You express creative sales tactics to engage with prospects
- You have experience using a CRM (Salesforce) and Google Apps
- You are a quick learner that enjoys tackling open-ended problems
- You thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment
- You are energized by trying new things, and enjoy making an impact
- Advanced proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets / Google Slides required
Nice to Have
- Experience selling directly to restaurant brands at a Enterprise level and or working directly in the restaurant industry
- Familiar with SQL and able to run (not produce) queries for research and insights reasoning
Salary ranges between $100,000 - 120,000. In addition to this, we offer meaningful equity ownership.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Food Group is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team and to serve local communities with the best selection and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.