Kitchen Shift Lead
Mountain View /
Kitchen Operations /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2022.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
About the Role:
Local Kitchens is hiring a Kitchen Shift Lead to lead a team in our delivery-first kitchen. Your job is to bring enthusiasm and an eye for quality every day. You will direct kitchen team members in food production, equipment maintenance and inventory costs and controls.
- Ensure all employees arrive on time
- Ensure all employees complete opening and closing tasks
- Ensure all employees cook food to required standards
- Cook and assemble food
- Package food
- Clean Interface with delivery drivers and customers
- Participate in and lead on-going Trainings
- Take inventory
- Receive deliveries
- Looks for ways to improve operations
- At least 16 years old
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to adapt and follow instructions
- Ability to move freely around the kitchen
- Ability to lift loads of 25-50 lbs
- Ability to operate store equipment including fryers, grills and more
- Ability to interact productively with team members
Nice to Have:
- Inventory experience
- Ordering experience/understanding of food cost
- Entry level people management experience
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
COVID-19 considerations: We are taking full precautions in relation to COVID-19. Face masks and social distancing is required while working.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Food Group is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team and to serve local communities with the best selection and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.