Kitchen Operations /
Local Food Group is building delivery kitchens to help the $900bn restaurant industry go digital. Think Amazon fulfillment centers for food, bringing great & convenient restaurant options to every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the Bay Area and expanding throughout California in 2021.
Our team comes from leadership at DoorDash and Momofuku, and we recently raised a seed round from angels like Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), David Novak (former CEO of Yum! Brands), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter.)
About the Role:
We are hiring a Kitchen Manager to run our Lafayette Kitchen. We are offering meaningful equity ownership in the company and a competitive salary.
You will be an expert in preparing and teaching cooks how to prepare high quality food across many menus. You’ll order food and train staff. Every day, you’ll ensure quality and safety of all food. You will ensure that the kitchen is clean, organized, well stocked and equipment in properly maintained and in good condition. You will be focused on promoting high standards, respect, fun, excellent customer service and helping employees grow within the company. You’ll be responsible for admin work like scheduling and inventory as well as helping on the line and FOH during peak hours.
- Restaurant experience
- Back of house experience - competent cook
- Experience with inventory management
- Bonus - bilingual, English and Spanish
- Customer First - always do what’s best for the customer
- Do Your Job - to the highest level!
- Respect - yourself, your teammates, your customers
- Data Driven - make decisions based on data
- Team Wins - do what’s best for the team because the team can accomplish more than the individual
- Ownership - take pride in everything you do
- Relentless - work ethic
- On Time - to work, in preparing food for our customers, in everything you do
What You’ll Do:
- Food Quality - Ensuring food quality by cooking and prepping food to order, and following kitchen procedures. Monitoring food waste and inventory levels, and resolving food quality issues
- Team Development - Develop a high performing back of house and front of house team. Training and developing team members to become Supervisors and Managers. Communicating with team members to achieve throughput and excellent customer service. Lead from the front - fill in on open shifts
- Admin - Manage the schedule. Own inventory ordering / manage waste. Ensure opening and closing tasks are completed hire and terminate staff
- Health care, Dental, Vision
- Get in at the ground floor of a fast growing company!
- Interact directly with the founders
- Massive growth potential
This is the opportunity of a lifetime! We have a strong team working hard to create the best customer experience and the best employee experience. We are committed to our customers and employees. If you are too, send us a note explaining why you'd be a good fit and why you'd like to join.