Strategy & Operations - Purchasing Manager
San Francisco /
Strategy & Operations /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities by operating takeout food hubs, with a "digital food hall" retail in the front and a tech-powered high throughput kitchen in the back. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to every neighborhood across the country. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2021.
S&O - Purchasing Manager
We are seeking a Strategy and Operations Manager for Local Kitchens’ first purchasing function. You will be directly responsible for the most impactful part of the company’s bottom line - the purchased food costs from our suppliers. You will work with our management team and Director of Operations to report on our brand portfolio’s cost structures, develop strategy to achieve the best rates in a market, and negotiate costs with current suppliers. You will also develop our commissary kitchen strategy as we enter into new markets - a cornerstone to our future success.
We are very well-capitalized and have industry-leading store economics - this is a great opportunity for a talented strategy and ops individual to run within a high growth setting. You will be given a high ceiling, with an opportunity to define an entirely new org and team. You must be incredibly scrappy - you will be tasked with achieving the best cost structures with the buying power of a young startup. You must also be highly organized, analytical, and comfortable managing relationships.
- Responsible for achieving optimal food costs across Local Kitchens’ entire brand portfolio.
- Regularly report and provide analysis to the Management team on current food costs, and how your strategy or pricing changes will impact these costs.
- Negotiate on behalf of the company to achieve the best possible pricing and highest food quality from our existing food suppliers.
- Source high quality inventory with new suppliers in a market to guarantee that our food pricing is extremely competitive.
- Develop our commissary kitchen strategy as we expand into multiple markets.
- Own the onboarding of all new restaurant partners’ inventory into our system, determining the impact to our food costs and sourcing of wholesale alternatives.
- Guide the success of Local Kitchens brand partners by developing network access to a local higher-quality, lower-cost supply chain.
- Ensure all food cost data in our internal systems is accurate and reliable.
- Build out a procurement and vendor management team with world-class talent.
- 2+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / purchasing / technology / banking
- Ideally have high-growth or early-stage startup experience
- Extremely details-oriented and organized
- Relationship Focused - has experience in a customer-facing or relationship management role
- Analytical - Advanced Microsoft excel knowledge and can manage / analyze data across sources
- Customer obsession - use optimal pricing deliver the best products to our guests
- Leadership and ownership - define the purchasing and sourcing function in a 20-person company