San Francisco /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout 2021.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
We are seeking relentless and autonomous operators to help Local Kitchens scale from 4 to 100 units. You will single handedly launch new stores and build playbooks that enable massive growth across the nation (and world!). We are very well funded and have industry-leading store economics, so this is a great opportunity for talented operations to launch new markets from the ground up. You must be comfortable operating at the lowest level of detail and willing to travel to new cities with a nomadic lifestyle.
- You’re a versatile operator - ensure every kitchen is launched with extremely high standards and guest happiness. Hire and train staff, GM the store until we hire a GM, you are the interim CEO of the store
- Market Launcher - support real estate, brand partnerships, supply chain - fill in as needed
- Project Management - Open 100+ stores across the US with the highest quality kitchen teams and streamlined task management across many stakeholders including kitchen operations, construction, real estate, architecture/design, marketing, and operations
- Create a playbook that will enable hundreds of kitchens to launch in our sleep
- Open stores in new markets on time, on budget, flawless across kitchen operations, and guest experiences
- Be the first in this role and take the New Market Launch organization as far as you want - no growth ceiling here
Competencies - you embody our values:
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
- Early in your career
- Ability to navigate ambiguity
- Experience working with a wide range of people, senior to junior
- Startup experience a plus
- Analytical, background in banking, consulting welcomed
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Food Group is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team and to serve local communities with the best selection and the best employment opportunities.
If you're someone who is looking for a career defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.