Senior Kitchen Manager
San Jose /
Kitchen Operations /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2022.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of Doordash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
About the Role:
We are looking for an entrepreneur to run our San Jose store. We are offering meaningful equity ownership in the company and a competitive salary. This is an opportunity to run your own business with the potential to build personal wealth. You will inspire your team to execute perfect food for our guests across many menus. You will maintain a clean, organized, well stocked business with properly-maintained equipment. You will promote high standards, respect, fun, exceptional customer service and help our team grow within the company. You’ll be responsible for administrative work like scheduling and inventory as well as working side by side with your team during peak hours to guarantee success.
- Highest quality standard in the room - Protect food quality by being detail oriented and following kitchen procedures. Monitor food waste and inventory levels, and resolve guest issues by exceeding expectations
- Team Development - Develop and retain a high-performing team. Train and develop team members to become Supervisors and Managers. Communicate effectively with your team to achieve throughput and take care of our guests. Lead from the front - master every job in the room
- Admin - Schedule with operational and financial vision. Own inventory ordering / manage waste. Ensure opening and closing tasks are completed, manage employee lifecycle.
- Entrepreneurial, works with autonomy
- Strong communicator
- Proven team builder
- Guest First - always do what’s best for the guest
- Respect - yourself, your teammates, your customers
- Data Driven - make decisions based on data
- Team Wins - do what’s best for the team because the team can accomplish more than the individual
- Ownership - take pride in everything you do
- Relentless - work ethic
- On Time - to work, in preparing food for our customers, in everything you do
Nice to Have:
- Comfortable with technology
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
- Strong teacher/trainer
- Kitchen Experience - competent line cook
- Experience with inventory systems
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Health care, Dental, Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Interact directly with the founders
- Massive, rapid growth potential
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
COVID-19 considerations: We are taking full precautions in relation to COVID-19. Face masks and social distancing is required while working.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Food Group is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team and to serve local communities with the best selection and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.