Bay Area, CA /
Support Center – Engineering /
Local Kitchens helps the best local restaurants expand to new cities with our network of micro food halls. We are helping the $900bn restaurant industry go digital while bringing high-quality food options to families in every neighborhood. Today, we are operating in the SF Bay Area and rapidly expanding throughout California in 2022.
Our team was on the founding team at DoorDash and we are well-capitalized by tier 1 venture capital investors and angels like David Novak (CEO/Founder of Yum Brands), Tony Xu (CEO of DoorDash), and Jack Dorsey (CEO of Square/Twitter). Read more about us in QSR Magazine, QSR Web, and in the SF Business Times.
About the Role:
As our IT Manager, you’ll be responsible for supporting our restaurants, corporate offices (what we call “Support Center”), and all of our employees. The ideal candidate has experience managing numerous worksites and is experienced with field visits. As the IT Manager, you should be an IT domain expert and advise the business on best practices and general improvements. You’ll ensure that IT issues are addressed and resolved quickly and effectively tracked.
- Project manage low voltage installation for new kitchen build-outs and remodels
- Provide IT hardware and software support to restaurants, corporate offices, and employees
- Perform preventative maintenance through field visits and remote access
- Train kitchen and corporate staff on basic use of hardware and software
- Work with launch, construction, design, and architect teams
- Manage escalations from the kitchens; create and maintain escalation policies/SLAs
- 6+ years of experience with IT support responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience managing IT teams
- Experience in supporting multi-site restaurants or retail stores (10+)
- Experience maintaining a MDM system
- Experience procuring and distributing large quantities of hardware
- Experience with issue management and facilitation
- Strong customer service, organization, and communication skills
- Strong process management skills
- Strong understanding of software, hardware, and basics of networking
- Ability to focus on objectives while being detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Guest love: Local Kitchens exists to make guests happy. We start with “what would the guest want?” and work backwards. Support Center works to serve our kitchen teams, so that they can take care of our guests.
- First principles thinking: We keep asking “why” like a 4-year old and never accept the status quo. We are truth seekers. We reason from fundamental truths in order to invent new ways to delight guests.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We solve problems at the lowest level of detail e.g. by going to the kitchen. We measure everything and win arguments with data. We don’t use sloppy thinking.
- Relentless: We outwork everyone, it’s our most controllable competitive advantage. We don’t get knocked down when things are tough.
- Drive for excellence: We are intrinsically motivated and strive to get 1% better every day.
- No job beneath you: We do whatever is needed to help the team win. We don’t understand the words “that’s not my job”. We always wash the dishes.
- Play with joy: We bring joy to work every day. We support each other with contagious energy and optimism. We choose to have fun even when it feels like a grind.
Salary ranges between $120,000 - 150,000. In addition to this, we offer meaningful equity ownership.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Local Food Group is being built by some of the best in the world including the first few employees at DoorDash and Momofuku. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world. We have set out to work as hard as humanly possible, to work as a team and to serve local communities with the best selection and the best employment opportunities. If you're someone who is looking for a career defining opportunity, someone who is willing to grind it out day after day, someone who has enthusiasm for guests and partners - we want to hear from you.