Nursery Relations Manager
Downtown Austin, TX
Work with us:
Local Plant Source is a growing start-up in the heart of downtown Austin, TX, working to build a more sustainable and efficient commercial landscaping industry through the creation of technology-based solutions that solve long-time challenges. We offer a relaxed and flexible in-office working environment, a great benefits package, and the opportunity to work with a motivated and dedicated team that enjoys solving problems together.
Who we're looking for:
Local Plant Source (LPS) is looking to expand its sourcing team and is seeking an enthusiastic individual to serve as a Nursery Relations Manager (NRM). The NRM will nurture existing relationships with plant nurseries in the LPS network as well as work with the rest of the sourcing team to add new relationships. You're an organized communicator who can prioritize projects and focus on what's important when it's important. You're a motivated individual driven by the desire to help others succeed. You don't mind attending meetings because you thrive when you're working as part of a team and collaborating. You volunteer to take on new tasks and learn skills that will help the team. You enjoy trying new things, testing out new tools and apps and keeping up-to-date on the latest and the greatest. You know feedback is always about improvement. Change doesn't scare you. You want a friendly, close work environment with people who you want to grab lunch or a drink with to celebrate a job well done. And you love a good landscape and knowing that your work ultimately helps make the world a greener place.
- Serve as the primary point of communication with existing LPS in-network nurseries
- Support LPS account managers by providing pricing and availability from the nurseries
- Work with the nurseries to arrange logistics for plant pickup and delivery once an LPS account manager confirms a customer purchase
- Ensure periodic catalog and pricing updates are received from nurseries and entered into the LPS database
- Provide input to the LPS development team to build an effective nursery rating system
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn quickly
- Experience working with technology
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability and desire to execute on tasks efficiently and thoroughly
- Polished and polite communicator who is skilled at building relationships
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with customers and building partnerships a plus
- Experience working in the landscaping industry a plus
About Local Plant Source:
Local Plant Source connects landscape architects and contractors to thousands of suppliers across the country.
The wholesale plant and landscaping industry is a complex business impacted by the different timetables and needs of its stakeholders, and by nature itself. The challenges we face as an industry are real but solvable. Our tools and services were designed to highlight pricing outliers, warn of non-viable solutions, identify shortages, and more to save project budgets and ensure success. Our platform allows us to gather large amounts of supply and demand data and interpret it into simple, easy-to-understand insights that help landscape architects, contractors and suppliers prosper together.